Monday, May 27, 2013

10 months

Jami is 10 months old.

I'm starting to have conflicting feelings.  On one hand, I can't believe she is almost a year old!  On the other hand, I can't believe she isn't 1 yet!  

I'm not the only one having trouble with this either.
I spent the last weekend homeschool convention (more on that later), and before I left Libby was going on and on about all the fun she was going to have with Daddy.  Particularly, going swimming at Nicholas' pool.  
I pointed out that they might not do that since it would be hard for Daddy to keep up with John and Jami in the pool by himself.
Libby's response was, "Well, he did it last year."
Um, no.  
Jami went with me last year.  
She was the watermelon hiding under my shirt!

But, I get it.  I can barely remember her not being here either!


Little miss cutie pants finally has enough hair for a bow!!  Which is good, because she hated the headband thingys.

In addition to all the hair, she has four teeth.  She loves biting anything crunchy with those teeth.  

 She is constantly on the move!  She cruises easily and has stood independently for several seconds more than once. 
 Not long enough for me to get a picture of her standing alone, of course, but long enough to make everyone in the family ooh and ah in high pitched squeals until she gets scared and starts crying.


 Her curiosity has gotten her into some tight places!
And if she is ever "missing", I always know exactly where to find her...

in brother's room!
She is instinctively drawn to all of the teeny tiny Legos that could be the death of her if she ever managed to get more than 60 seconds of playtime in there!  But she keeps trying.
She is a determined little thing!

My baby is growing so fast.
And so slowly.
Our family is definitely better because of her!

"See you next month!"

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Love love that age she is at, so fun how many new things they are doing.
Something about those Legos really do just draw them in.

She is so cute

Emily said...

Oh. So. Cute!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

She's getting so big! E hates all things on her head, so she constantly has hair in her face. I just can't manage to cut her bangs.