Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Matchy matchy

My friend, Krista, was pondering last week the fashion conundrum of clothes that match vs clothes that go.

I tend to belong to the school of thought that clothes just have to go.

For instance, last weekend I wore an outfit consisting of cognac brown skinny jeans, a black and cream striped shirt, cheetah print ballet flats and gold and aqua jewelry.

I headed out to a party with my hubby, feeling quite stylish in this non-matching ensemble. 

Unfortunately, upon arriving at the party, I discovered that while my clothes didn't match each other, they did match my best friend!


But since we both looked super cute, I have decided that this was not a fashion fas paux.

It is okay to match your friend so long as you look awesome doing it!

And for the hundredth time: No! We did not plan this!



I'm linking up here:
parenting BY dummies

9 comments:

Sona Zemkova said...

Funny :-)

Thank you for visiting my blog. Hope u had fun that evening. Sonishka

TC Harris said...

You both look very cute!

http://tc-twistedfairytale.blogspot.ca/2013/02/wordless-wednesday-silly-sisters.html

Emily S said...

ha! that is funny! but, I agree with you, if you guys look cute doing it, there's nothing wrong with it!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Too funny - you both look great! :)

Hot Chocolate Dragon

Chronicles Of A Mommy said...

That is awesome & happens to me and my friend a lot! We've started communicating about our outfits before big events. LOL We;ve been known to match several times at church, and what is even funnier is we NEVER shop together so it really is all coincidence. haha

Cyndi said...

We rocked the skinny jeans and stripes! ;) Whoa, imagine if we shopped together! Hahahahaha!Love ya girl!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

You are too cute.

And, seriously, how many times did people ask if you planned it? Although, why do we ask that...you never plan it!

angie said...

Agreed. You both look adorable. :)

Jennifer {Life Darling} said...

I have that clothes that match/go conversation with people and they just don't understand that there is a difference! LOL! And you did a wonderful job - Love your outfit! :-)