Friday, January 20, 2012

John and his Johnny

The other day the girls and I went on a field trip to see the Florida Orchestra in concert and John got to stay with a babysitter.

This particular babysitter is a favorite of ours.
  In fact the girls, upon hearing who John would be playing with while we were away, actually told me that it would be fine for me to go to see the orchestra myself and they would just stay with Miss Lauren.  Needless to say, that did not happen.

John got spent some quality one on one time with Miss Lauren, and since Miss Lauren loves my son so much that she would rather spend money than make money while babysitting, they spent that quality time at Build-A-Bear! 

He came home from his date with a new alligator friend, whom he cleverly named Johnny.

When they got home, of course, Mommy wanted to hear the details of their outing so Miss Lauren preceded to tell me about how much fun John had at Build-A-Bear: he picked out his own animal, helped stuff it and then picked out the outfit and helped to dress his alligator. 
Now in my experience, when a babysitter is giving me the play by play of her time with my children there will inevitably come a point in the story that makes me close my eyes and shake my head.  This portion of the story usually involves nudity of some sort.  Today's story did not disappoint.
As John was dressing Johnny, he caught a glimpse of Johnny's backside and exclaimed: 
"Oh look!  He has a penis!"



I can just imagine how painful choking down the laughter must have been for Lauren as she explained the difference between a tail and a penis to my son.
After talking it over for several minutes, John (clearly unconvinced) turned to the Build-A-Bear employee who was checking them out and said quite proudly, "My alligator has a penis."


So for any of you moms of boys out there, wondering if your son would enjoy a trip to Build-A-Bear, I think the verdict is a definite thumbs up.

Just be sure he can differentiate between a tail and his penis beforehand!


Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

4 comments:

Kmama said...

That is just too funny!!!

John looks pretty proud of his alligator (and the alligator's penis). LOL

Emily said...

Lol...Jonny is pretty well endowed. ;)

Lolli said...

LOL! It does kinda look like that, doesn't it? ;)

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That is...awesome!

And, yet, doesn't make me the least bit upset that I'm sure my girls will probably never say that their animal has a penis....come to think of it, they probably don't even know the difference.