Thursday, November 10, 2011

That's not lip smackers, honey

You know those moments when your kid does something that just makes you so proud and you think to yourself, "Wow! I am really doing this parenting thing right!"

Yeah, this is not one of those moments.

Yesterday morning, Emma Jane came running up to me and said, "Mommy, look at my lips!"
Her lips looked totally normal so I said, "What's going on with your lips, honey?"
Emma Jane:  "I'm wearing some of your makeup!"
Me:  "Oh.  You look beautiful.  Mommy is going to finish her coffee now." 
And then I probably patted her on the head and sent her on her merry way so that I could enjoy my crack fix coffee in peace.

One cup of coffee later, I went to my room to get dressed and Emma Jane followed me, bouncing all the way.  She ran right over to my bed and picked up a small, black tube off of the floor.  She held it out to me and said, "See here is the make up I used!"

I know what you are thinking:  "Oh no, she didn't!"
I was thinking it too.
But, oh yes.  She did!

I took the "makeup" from her, gave her another pat on the head and said, "Yeah, don't play in Mommy's makeup anymore.  It spreads germs."

My hope is that by the time Emma Jane is old enough to know what that stuff is, that she will have forgotten that she once used it as lip gloss.

I'm hoping that I forget too.
(Is it wrong that I didn't want to kiss her all day yesterday?)


I am linking up here:

8 comments:

Kmama said...

That is hilarious!!! I'm surprised she didn't complain about her lips tingling or burning! I can't stop giggling.

Thanks for linking up!

StickyLittleFingers said...

LOL, to funny!

Emmy said...

Lol! Oh no! Lol well it is very lubricating for the lips I bet.

Emmy said...

Oh and thanks so much for linking up- perfect PMM

Krystyn said...

Oh my goodness...and not that I know, but I'm surprised she didn't complain about it...it gets pretty hot!

Angie said...

Oh my gosh!! How hysterical!

Megan R. said...

LMFAO! Ok, that is horrifically gross and horrifically awesome all at once! I love it!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Hilarious!!!