Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving and the Iron Bowl

So I blinked.
And apparently Thanksgiving occurred during that split second.
I am pretty sure Thanksgiving was fun, but it went by in such a pictureless blur!  There was definitely turkey.  And my brother and his cute girlfriend were there.  Sadly, my sister was not.  But other cousins came too and even brought their dog for Emma Jane to play with! (Seriously, this story would be so much better with pictures!  Why don't we just skip to the part that I do have pictures of.)

So normally by this time, I have completely my Christmas shopping and most of my gift wrapping.

This year, I haven't even started yet.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't panicking just a little bit.

There just seemed to be so much more time until Christmas pre-Thanksgiving!
But I spent most of that time making really cute Iron Bowl gameday outfits for my favorite little football fans!
(I even made the ugly orange and blue ones!)

The Saturday after Thanksgiving was the Iron Bowl, the epic annual showdown between football's biggest rivals, Alabama and Auburn!  (I should totally be one of those female sports announcers.) 

We took the kids tailgating on campus before the game.  After that experience, I think John is officially a die-hard football fan!
He is a die-hard tailgate fan, anyways!  As we were leaving, John said to me, "I go tailgating moo-uh (more)."  I told him we would definitely try to come to another game next year.  He said, "I go tailgating dis yee-uh (year)."  Then he pointed to a random tent and said, "How bout dat one?"  Maybe next year we will try gate-crashing.

Emma Jane preferred the cheerleading aspect of the game.  She was given a small plastic megaphone from some kind stranger, and she spent most of her time yelling "Roll Tide" into it at the top of her lungs. 

And Libby, my little tenderhearted pacifist,  learned a life lesson in smack-talk from her good friend, Jack.  It is important to have thick skin when it comes to football and rivalries.  (And Jack learned the hard way that telling a girl her dress is stinky is not going to earn any brownie points!)

But ultimately, Libby and her stinky dress earned this year's bragging rights!

42-14

So, in the (slightly rearranged) words of the previously mentioned smack-talker:

Alabama Rules,
Auburn Drools!

Until next year!

Roll Tide!

4 comments:

Kmama said...

What cute outfits! I'm so impressed!!

Robyn Booth said...

Those outfits are too cute! Were the pics taken in Smyrna - it looks just like Ivy Walk! I hate that I missed you if you were in town. We will definitely have to get together if you are back over this way. Miss ya bunches!
~Robyn

Krystyn said...

Super cute outfits..when do you find the time?

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving and tailgating!

imbeingheldhostage said...

How fun! You wonder where all of your time goes? Coordinating outfits maybe? I'm lucky if my kids are DRESSED.
And...um, when did John grow up? Wow, that was quick :/