Monday, June 6, 2011

Solitary Confinement

That is where Emma Jane spent most of the afternoon.

In her room. By herself.



Why, you ask?

Let me tell you. Yesterday started off well enough. We ran errands, went to the gym, had lunch, read some books, and then I sent the girls to play quietly together in their room for a while. I sat down to read a book fold clothes when who should come trooping into the living room but my two giggly girls.



"What do you need?" I asked.

"We-ll. Um, Emma Janie peed. On my bed."

Ugh!

Do you remember what a nightmare it was to potty train Emma Jane? Well even though she is mostly potty trained, she still has frequent accidents. Like several times a week. It has just become part of our normal routine.



So my initial thought is that the girls must have been sitting on Libby's bed, playing, and that EJ had an accident. But upon further inspection, I found her shorts and panties were dry.

What?!

Oh yeah, my girl actually pulled down her pants and PEED on her sister's bed!


And the best part...I was already washing Libby's sheets so Emma Jane peed directly on.the.mattress!


Really, I should be commended for the calm manner in which I handled this. Although I think dangerously calm mommy scared my girls more than totally ballistic mommy would have.

And people, I have tried everything I can think of and I can't get that pee smell out of the mattress. It was still damp and smelly last night at bedtime, so Libby got to sleep on Emma Jane's bed and Emma Jane got to sleep on the floor.



And that was after spending the entire afternoon in her room. When Brad came home, EJ was allowed out for dinner and then she went straight back to room for the rest of the night. She actually took her punishment well. I think she knew better than to mess with me!

And seriously, tips for getting the mattress clean, are welcome! I really don't want to have to throw that mattress away!



5 comments:

Kmama said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe she did that!! Calm mommy probably was a lot more scary than crazy mommy.

I don't have any tips...did you google it?

Rachel said...

Oh no way!! That is just bad in a "this is going to be a hilarious blackmail story" kind of way... EEK!

So sorry, I cannot believe she did that! What perfect timing too... just directly on the mattress. Sorry, I'm no help without Googling anything either!

I feel for ya! Thanks for linking up... I totally would not have been Calm Mommy, ha ha! :)

Fash Boulevard said...

Oh the joy of little girls! :) You seemed to have handled that perfectly. :) It's so hard to punish them when they are so darn cute! Great post.

I would love if you could stop by my celebrity style and fashion blog sometime. I recently started my blog and would love your support! xoxo

http://fashboulevard.blogspot.com/

imbeingheldhostage said...

I'll ask the hubby. One weekend when I was away, the child of mine who matches yours pee'd on my tempurpedic mattress >:-O Since it can't be washed, he put something on there and had to let it dry and then vacuumed it out. No smell. And I have a SUPER sensitive nose, so I'm telling you it works. As soon as I know what "IT" is, I'll email. (maybe a pet smell remover?)

Krystyn said...

Oh, I can totally see my youngest doing this to her sister! Yikes (btw, she has a plastic mattress thing on her bed, because she's taken her sheets off before).

So, I would try some baking soda for a while.

Or, if you can, newspaper is great at getting smells out, but you really need to be able to seal it somehow.

When you figure it out, let us know.