Monday, June 6, 2011

Libby's Baptism

Back in November, Libby prayed with Brad and me to receive Jesus as her Savior.


Yesterday, she made that decision public through baptism.


It only took us 7 months to finish the 4 week children's membership class required by our church! Who thinks we are too busy?! ;)


It was an exciting day for all of us!


Here are a few pictures:










"Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life." Romans 6:4


*You can't see this in the pictures, but before baptizing someone the pastor will ask for friends and family to stand in support of the one being baptized. Well, I sing in the choir and so when Libby's friends and family stood, so did the whole choir! When I asked Libby afterwards if she had seen Daddy and Emma Jane in the congregation, she said, "No, but I saw everyone in the choir stand up! That was cool!" So thank you for making my girl's big day so special!

5 comments:

Kmama said...

How cool! Are you Baptist? My mom was baptized Baptist and she told me about going into a "pool" (please forgive me if I'm using the wrong terminology) to be baptized. I was raised Lutheran and we baptize our children as babies, with just the water over the head.

What a very special day for all of you!

Emily said...

That is so sweet about the choir standing. I hope it was a special day for Libby!

Danielle said...

yea for Libby...what a wonderful day for you all

blueviolet said...

That is one of the most special days a parent can experience!

imbeingheldhostage said...

I tried to say congrats when I first read this, but I wasn't on my computer and blogger was NOT being very nice to me-- so a very belated CONGRATS!! What a special day (and great photos!)