Monday, February 28, 2011

Skiing at Loon - Libby and Emma Jane's Story

As I said last week, Libby and Emma Jane are born skiers!

I was prepared for it to be a diaster, especially after Libby had a meltdown about the color of her ski boots. They didn't match her ski clothes and we all know what a crisis that is...to a five-year-old girl.

But thankfully, after a good night's sleep, she got over it!

We enrolled them in ski school for lessons so that mommy and daddy could have free time so that they could receive proper and age-appropriate instruction.

Both girls LOVED ski school. It was an all day program that alternated between indoor playtime and outdoor ski lessons.

I sneaked a picture of one of Emma Jane's lessons:

When I picked them up after the first day, Emma Jane said, "I wish we could just live here all the time!"
Libby equally enjoyed ski school! When I asked about what she learned she said, "Well, I really don't like doing the pizza slice, because really I just like to go FAST!"
And she does! When I took her on the bunny slope myself, she was halfway down the slope before I was even off the lift!
Emma Jane preferred a slower run down the mountain with the help of daddy.
Or she was just being lazy...who knows?
And since no vacation with my sis is ever incident free,

Emma Jane filled our injury quota by slipping on some ice and smacking head first into the sidewalk.

And then she spent the rest of the weekend milking it for all it was worth. My girl knows how to play the sympathy card!

3 comments:

Kmama said...

Ooh, ow. That is a nasty bump! I love her sad face though. So sweet.

Krystyn said...

Look at your dare devil and cautious girl!

And, poor EJ with that bump. I can totally see her milking it.

Emily said...

Awe, poor EJ. That is quite a bump!