Monday, February 14, 2011

Licking on a prayer

Life with a boy is so different than life with just girls.

John is louder than the girls. Sillier (which I did not think possible!) than girls.

He is dirtier, hungrier, more physical, more territorial and, as I recently discovered, more irreverent than his sisters.

And when I say irreverent I don't just mean he amused by his own boisterous bodily functions. Even though he is. John thinks that nothing is funnier than to pass gas and then pat his own bottom and say "toooo" and then laugh hysterically.

But this latest irreverence appalled me even more than that. The other night, I was rocking John and trying to settled him down for bed. It wasn't going well. John was too busy cracking up at his own farts to snuggle with Mommy and sing Jesus Loves Me.

So after a few minutes, I said "Ok, John are you ready to say prayers." He nodded and so I folded my hands and he folded his little hands over mine and got real quiet and I closed my eyes and started to pray for him.

It was such a sweet moment!



And then...

Just as I was about to say Amen, I felt warm, slobbery little puppy dog tongue on my nose!


He LICKED me!

On my FACE!

While I was PRAYING!

And it was gross!

And he just laughed and laughed.



Don't let that little angel face fool you!


He's a devilish little stinker!



Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?
Hosted by Krystyn at Really, Are You Serious?

13 comments:

casseydab said...

you little soo adorable

Cyndi said...

Ha! A house full of lickers!

Kmama said...

Boys really are different than girls. But, they are so much fun! He's such a cutie...and a great picture of the two of you together.

heidi said...

LOL Nice!! Boys really are different, aren't they? Yay for boys!

Luv to Save said...

haha too cute!
your little boy is adorable!

blueviolet said...

That is hilarious!!!

Angie said...

Too funny! Hayden loves to toot also...boys...shesh!!

chubskulit said...

You both look so pretty!

Please come by any time to see my Mommy & Me post. Have a nice day!

Emmy said...

Lol! Maybe he was pretending to be a puppy and that was his way to show love :)

Rachel said...

Ahh, sounds like a certain little 4-year old around here... I can totally relate!

Emily said...

Hahahaha! Welcome to life with boys. Although face-licking isn't new to you...after all Libby loves to do that! :)

Rachel said...

Yep...boys are SO different! I say that all the time around my house. I am so glad I have one though:)!

Krystyn said...

That's too much!

(Although, both of my girls have licked me before...they think it's hilarious!)