Monday, January 24, 2011

Seven

Today is my seventh wedding anniversary.


A lot has changed in 7 years: jobs, addresses, hair colors, etc...


But some things are the same.


Like the quirky way my husband eats.


He starts at the back of his plate and works torwards himself, while keeping the ratio of meat to veggies equal throughout the meal.


I picked up on that quirk on our first date.



We went to an italian restaurant and about half way through dinner, I noticed that all of his pasta was on the front half of his plate and the back side was empty. Whereas my pasta was spread out on my whole plate, there was just less of it than when I started.



I thought that was so funny then. And it cracks me up even more now. Because now I know him so much better and I know that this eating habit just fits with his methodical, well thought out, Type A personality. Just like the gone-in-60-seconds way that I shovel it in eat fits with my personality.



Who knew you could tell so much about a person just by looking at their plate?



Anyways, back to my story...



So I noticed Brad was a really neat, really s-l-o-w eater, but I decided that he was also really hot so I went out with him again. And then we got married. And then seven years went by.



So then the other night we go to the movies, and Brad orders a large popcorn. (He got suckered in by the "it's only a dollar more and you get free refills" gimic, as if we could ever even finish one large bucket of popcorn!)





As the movie was starting, I reached over for some popcorn and noticed that the back of the bucket was emptier than the front. I whispered, "Honey, you are doing that funny thing where you eat back to front with the popcorn." Brad, who doesn't realize that he does this until I point it out, just laughed. And I laughed. And I remembered that first date and how I didn't want it to end. And I fell in love with him just a little bit more all over again.





12 comments:

Ashley said...

that seriously made me tear up! Happy Anniversary :)

Ehrenfelds said...

Happy Anniversary!!! And I wish you many more :D

Kmama said...

Happy anniversary!

There are so many quirky things I love about my husband too. It always makes me smile when I think about them!

Holly at Tropic of Mom said...

You guys look so cute together. Happy anniversary!

shortmama said...

That is too funny that he did it even with the popcorn!

Happy anniversary!

Emmy said...

Happy Anniversary!!! That is such a great story.

blueviolet said...

That is such a funny story about his pasta! My BIL eats all of one kind of food before moving on to another on his plate!

Happy Anniversary!

mommamemories said...

Happy Anniversary. Beautiful children Brad all these years later...it is still true in your eyes =)

imbeingheldhostage said...

Oh, that is so sweet!! I just knew this was going to be a "fun at Husband's expense" pst, but it wasn't. What a lovely anniversary post.

Happy Anniversary!

Emily said...

Lauren: "OMG, it's Brad!"
Me: "Who's Brad?"
Lauren: "Duh! Beautiful Children Brad!"

Emily said...

Oh and happy anniversary! ;)

Krystyn said...

Back to front....too funny!

Happy, happy anniversary! We just had our seventh in December.