Friday, January 14, 2011

He, not she

If one more kindly, well-meaning stranger tells me what a pretty little girl my son is, I might just lose it.
Yes, I realize that he has long curly hair and his older sister's face. Libby often cracks herself up by saying that her baby pictures look like John wearing a dress. And I admit that if he were wearing a dress, he would arguably look like a little girl.
But I never do dress him up in dresses. I dress him in very manly brown and green and blue clothes with footballs or trucks or puppy dogs on them! Clearly not the clothing of a little girl!
So seriously, people, throw me a bone! Tell me how ruggedly handsome and masculine my obviously male child is! Because if one more of my husband's flag football friends says "Dude, I didn't know you had three little girls. I thought your youngest was a boy" he is going to make me cut all of these beautiful baby curls off!
And then I will have to cry.
And you will have to live with the guilt of turning my baby into a grown-up little boy.
Can you live with that?!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Um, I don't know what those boneheads are thinking but John is ALL boy. And don't you dare let anyone touch those beautiful, handsome curls!

imbeingheldhostage said...

He is pretty stinkin' beautiful with those curls and all, but I'm sorry-- I only see BOY. I don't get it. There's some really interesting people out there.
My daughter would have on a HUGE hair bow and a floral (blue, but definitely girly) outfit and old women would talk about my "boy".

Break into tears the next time just to see their reaction ;-)

Kmama said...

Oh my gosh, love him. He's such a handsome little guy!

Krystyn said...

Love that drooly, smily happy face!

And, seriously? Girl, really?

I don't see it.

However, people always said our girls were boys (despite pink dresses and flowers and hearts) because they didn't/don't have hair!

Angie said...

I see all boy there...he is so cute. His hair is awesome. I'm a little jealous. BOTH my kiddos have hair as straight as a board.

Cherry Family said...

No!! Don't do it!! I feel your pain though. Aaron was called a little girl too -- even in Camo!! Crazy people. I waited until Aaron was almost 2 though, then bit the bullet. :(

John is adorable, don't cut them yet!!

Emmy said...

Some people are just clueless. But as a mom of a once curly haired boy, someday (just not yet) it sadly does happen.