Tuesday, October 5, 2010

some ants are just ants

I love talking to Libby.
And she loves to talk.
To anyone. About anything.
Each conversation with her is an adventure because you just never know what is going to come out of her mouth!
Recently after church, (the timing of this particular conversation still confuses me a bit) Libby said to me, "You know Mommy, all of my boyfriends think all ants are fire ants. But they aren't all fire ants. Right?"
I had gotten lost after the "all my boyfriends" part so I had to reply, "What was that?"
Libby repeated herself (verbatim): "You know, Mommy. All my boyfriends just think all ants are fire ants. But they aren't all fire ants."
Me (still hung up): "So who are all your boyfriends, dear?"
Libby (slightly nonplussed by this turn in the discussion): "Um Nicholas, and Aaron, and Jack Powell." (Yes, she called him by his full name!) "Do you remember that time Jack Powell was at our house and there were some ants in the driveway. Jack called those fire ants, but they weren't. They were just regular ants."
Content that she had steered the conversation back in the right direction, Libby sat back and buckled herself in so that we cold finally leave the parking lot.
I was left to ponder the day that my daughter calls some boy her boyfriend and means it...I am so not ready for that day!

4 comments:

Kmama said...

"All my boyfriends" Uh oh. You are gonna have your hands full. LOL

Emily said...

LOL! I'm still laughing about this. I'm just glad Jack made the cut!

Krystyn said...

I'm glad boys are still friend here and not "boy friends." I don't think I could handle it.

shortmama said...

Hilarious!