Thursday, September 9, 2010

apple picking

We spent Labor Day weekend visiting my sister in New Hampshire.

And while we were there, we enjoying one of our favorite New England pastimes...

Apple Picking!

Emma Jane worked really hard picking every apple she could reach.

She was very proud of how many apples were in her basket. She only stopped picking because the basket was getting too heavy for her to carry!

Ryan also worked very hard to fill a basket.

Ryan and Emma Jane spent a lot of time comparing their apples and had to respectfully disagree as to who picked the most.

Libby was less competitive about her apples.

In fact, she only picked two apples.

One for now, one for later!

John was fascinated by the snack trees.

And like his biggest sister, he didn't waste any time before chowing down!

(After freaking out just a little bit about my baby eating unwashed fruit, my sis pointed out that they were organic apples and so while not necessarily clean, at least they were pesticide free!)

What could be better than an apple straight from the tree?

According to these four, a fresh apple cider donut from the general store!
And since I don't have any pictures of her picking any apples, here is an extra shot of Morgan enjoying her donut.

11 comments:

shortmama said...

Yum! Apples are one of my fave fruits!

Kmama said...

Apples and donuts? Oh yum!! I'm so ready for fall!

Kelli said...

This is a great post...apples, donuts and cute kids...you can't go wrong. We go apple picking next week and I am SO excited.

Krystyn said...

Yum! Fresh apple cider and donuts. So tasty. Looks like everybody enjoyed themselves.

Bethany said...

Apple picking is so fun :) I remember apple picking in MA when I was nannying, hard to believe it's time to do that again already!

Ashley said...

I'm jealous! Fall is one of the only things I miss about the north and apple picking is one of the best fall activities! Cute pics

Beth Zimmerman said...

This REALLY makes me miss fall in New England! I bet you'll be posting pictures of maple tree next! :)

Emily said...

So fun! I can't wait to go apple picking in the mountains next month! And I love your pictures. Did you use your new camera?

Emmy said...

Now that looks like fun! I love how they were respectfully comparing :). And yes apple donuts are so good.

Annie said...

I am a follower and I look forward to your updated posts.

I have given you the Versatile Blogger Award and would love for you to come by and pick it up when you have time. Here is the direct link: http://blumerlamotte.blogspot.com/2010/09/versatile-blogger-award.html

Have a wonderful evening!

Annie at Maximum Chaos: www.blumerlamotte.blogspot.com

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Looks like a ton of fun!

Mrs. NB