Tuesday, July 27, 2010

30

I turn 25 27 30 today.

The phrase whoopty-freaking-doo-dah keeps coming to mind.

I am really trying to have a good attitude about it.

Luckily, my fabulous, sweet husband has made having a good attitude a little easier for me. Friday he scheduled a babysitter and took me out on a date to celebrate. He didn't tell me where we were going...only that I needed to dress up.

I was so excited about our mystery date and I spent most of the days leading up to it trying to guess where he was taking me. Which I never did.

He took me to Maggiano's Little Italy. And I will be honest, at first I was a little bummed that we would not be able to eat "family style" with just the two us.
But I was just so glad to be out with my husband, I kept my ungracious thoughts to myself.
Which was a good thing since the host led us past the main dining room into a private room where five of my best girls and their husbands were waiting to shout "SURPRISE!"

I am sure that I must have looked slightly dumbfounded for a moment, because I really had no idea that Brad had planned a party for me until that moment. Although it did explain why no one had called me all day long!

We had so much fun laughing and talking (and laughing some more) and eating way too much good food! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and an even more wonderful husband!

Maybe 30 won't be so bad.

Cheers!

Edited to add: So far, 30 has rocked!! This morning, my girls surprised me with a special birthday card they had made (with a little help from Daddy) and then Brad totally surprised me with a new camera!! I am so excited about playing with it! Be prepared for picture overload on this blog in the near future!

21 comments:

Bren said...

Happy Birthday! Don't let numbers EVER get you down - seriously it is just that - a number. It is going to be an awesome year!

Kelli said...

Whoo hoo...30 rules!! Sounds like a great way to start off a great year. Happy Birthday!

Amy said...

Happy birthday! What a sweet hubby to do that for you.

Enjoy your new camera (and I for one will not complain about picture overload)! ;-)

Kmama said...

Happy birthday!! How cool that he surprised you.

Oh, and according to Buddy, when I turned 30, I was actually twenty-ten. I ran with that and this year I turned twenty-eleven. ;-)

Emily said...

Happy twenty-ten!! I SOOOO wish I was there to celebrate with you!

shortmama said...

Happy Birthday! The 30s have been good years for me so far!

blueviolet said...

What a wonderful way to bring in age 30!!!! I think it's great that he tricked you.

謝俊柯凡豐德 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。............................................................

Robyn Booth said...

Happy Birthday Sweetie! You have such a sweet hubby! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Jules said...

Happy Birthday....what a sweet surprise.

I had a really hard time with 30, but 40 was a breeze...

Twigs @ Twiggles and Trunks said...

FUN! hi5 husband. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

Happy Birthday from one Leo to another! If it makes you feel any better, this Friday I hit the big 3-5! And could care less (of course leaving on a 7 day family cruise to Bermuda ON my bday could be helping to dull the pain!) 30's are great - I have to say, better than my 20s! Kudos to your hubby for the surprise - you look beautiful! Enjoy the rest pf your week and weekend!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Oh how awesome!! I'm glad you had a great birthday and a great start to a new (very wonderful) decade. Look, even your mandarin-speaking friend came by to congratulate you :-)

Holly at Tropic of Mom said...

Aw! What a mighty good man you have. Happy birthday! You are going to love the 30s.

Emmy said...

Happy birthday!! Your husband gets some serious points for that. I will be joining you in the 30 club in October.

Krystyn said...

What an awesome birthday...Brad did good!

ToryO_Vis建銘 said...

人生中最好的禮物就是屬於自己的一部份..................................................

凱許倫 said...

不要去想沒拿到的東西,多想想自己手裡所擁有的..................................................

Rachel said...

Happiest Late Birthday! Sounds like it was perfect!

建邱勳 said...

Poverty tries friends.............................................................

姜堯林智超玟 said...

果然很有意思呀....這當然要頂一頂呀 ̄﹏ ̄............................................................