Thursday, April 8, 2010

PSF and Killer Seaweed

We just spent a wonderful 4 days hanging out with our favorite family from Atlanta! They came to visit for Spring Break and since Spring Break + Florida = Beach, we loaded up the four big ones and headed down to Pier 60 in Clearwater.
Now I am not a beach person. And up to this point in her life, Libby hasn't been a beach person either. She would literally refuse to step even a toe off of her towel for fear that the sand might touch her.
And water? She would have none of it! I mean, she would have to walk across sand to get to the water so swimming just wasn't even a consideration.
Until this time...

Apparently all she needed to feel safe in the ocean was for Jack to take her hand and lead the way...
She walked right out into the ocean with no fear or trepidation whatsoever! Turns out the ocean isn't so bad!


Seaweed on the other hand, she could do without!
That sent her running for her life towards the shore.
When I tried to explain to Libby and seaweed was just a plant that lives in the ocean and couldn't hurt her she exclaimed, "Just because seaweed is grass that grows in the ocean doesn't mean I have to like it!"
I really couldn't argue with that...
I don't like that grass that grows in the ocean either!



PhotoStory Friday Give me your best shot at Better in Bulk


Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

12 comments:

Krystyn said...

How nice of Jack to lead her into the ocean.

I'm not an ocean girl either..just not my thing. Nat wasn't really a fan of it, either.

Kmama said...

LOL I don't so much like the ocean (or lake up here) grass.

Chris said...

If i can't live under water, then neither can grass. That's evil.

Your Spring Break sounds a lot warmer -- and a lot less snowy -- than mine :)

(I typed "Christmas Vacation", instead of "Spring Break" at first -- talk about a Freudian slip...)

Cecily R said...

That shot of her running for dear life from the seaweed made me laugh. I with her though. Stuff that slimy wrapping itself around my toes is NOT my friend.

Kelli said...

LOL...no, she doesn't have to like it. SO funny. Ahh Clearwater, who I would love to be there now.

Emily said...

Our spring break was soooo fun...we're totally coming back for next year. And I will prep Jack so he can rescue her from the seaweed then!

Raise Them Up said...

Lol! I like the shot of her running for her life, too! I have to agree, that slimy stuff is no fun to tangle with! But it sure looks like a wonderful spot. I'm jealous!

Emmy said...

Yep sometimes a little peer pressure can be a good thing. My kids are weird and like the seaweed and will drag it all around the beach with them. :)

imbeingheldhostage said...

I'm so glad that we had some sunshine today or this post might have made me not like you so much ;-)

I LOVE the beach, but with Libby on the seaweed. yuck.
Also love that you captured this story for her to laugh at when she's older.

Alex said...

Hard to argue with kid-logic... My son is still in his fear of the waves (but kinda wants to go in anyway).. The plus is that he won't go into the ocean without an adult. Good for us except if we want to stay seated in the same place because he has NO fear of running down the beach

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

The right hand to hold makes all the difference~! Who really likes that grass that grows in the sea?

TuTu's Bliss said...

Too fun!! My princess got attacked by a jelly fish. Thought I would never get her back in the water after that one!I'm having a fun costume set giveway and I think your kids would like it. Your daughters look like they could make a fierce kitty face to go with it!