Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Family Portraits

We recently had some family portraits taken. Our photographer was Kathleen of Captured by KD. She came to our house for the session and when she arrived all three children and mommy were on the verge of a meltdown. The first words out of my mouth when she walked in the door were, "This is probably going to be a disaster!"


Kathleen is a mommy of five herself so she has lots of experience with meltdowns with taking real life moments and making them kodak moments. And she solidified her superphotographer status when she accomplished the impossible:
She got three children to look at the camera and smile all at the same time!

These are some of my favorite shots.
And yes, these beautiful creatures are my actual children, not models!




And because no photo session is complete without Libby trying to lick my face while Emma Jane pouts:


Captured by KD photography is based in Concord, NC but she frequently travels to Florida to visit family. So if you live in either of those areas, you should definitely try to book a session with her. You won't be disappointed!

16 comments:

Kelli said...

I actually love that last one...your face is priceless. She did a great job!

Emmy said...

Those pictures are great and she sounds like a great photographer.

Kristen said...

gorgeous pictures! I am jealous

Jen said...

Love, LOVE the photos. :)

Summer said...

What GREAT pictures!!!

Dee said...

oh wow! Those are fantastic!!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Oh! I LOVES these photos. They are brilliant. You must be so happy!
Do you think she'd be willing to come to DW to photography my family? Because we could really show her some meltdowns.

Kmama said...

Those turned out awesome!! John's eyes are amazing.

shortmama said...

She did a great job! The last one is hilarious!

Bren said...

I am so jealous of your fantastic family pictures! They really are wonderful!

heidi said...

Those are FANTASTIC! Love them!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

WOW!! Beautiful photos! But, then again, she had some beauties to work with!!

The last one just might be my favorite! Priceless!

Mrs. NB

Angie S said...

Oh!! those pics are great!! We need to have some "real" pictures taken soon. So cool that she came to your house. Fun!

Krystyn said...

Oh, those are great. Your family shot is awesome. AWESOME!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

These are beautiful! I hope you get a smaller print of the last one to frame - I love it! It's so full of "real life" and I love the different looks on everyone's faces.

TuTu's Bliss said...

LOL! I rest my case. Libby needs some kitty ears and paws to go with those kitty kisses!! I'm following along on your blog because you filled my day with laughter and I could always use more of that. Hugs