Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine Craft

My girls are collectors. Especially Libby. She is always starting new collections and she is always on the look out for containers or bags to hold her crap treasures. Last week she borrowed six of my Tupperware containers and used them to sort all of her different crap treasure collections. I need my Tupperware, so we had to come up with a different solution.
Since Valentine's Day is coming, we killed two birds with one stone by making treasure boxes for our Valentine's Day craft. You will have to forgive me for forgetting to take pictures of the process, but really, this project is so easy it barely even has a process. I am sure you will get it even without step by step, photographic instructions.
We started with an empty formula can. We happen to have a lot of those but you could also use a coffee can, oatmeal canister or a shoebox. We wrapped the can in scrapbook paper and decorated it with stickers.

Then I wrote the following bible verse on each girl's can and we practiced saying it a few times.
This project is super easy, cute and a surefire way to get your Tupperware back!

8 comments:

blueviolet said...

What a darling idea!!!!

shortmama said...

So cute!

heidi said...

Very cute! Great idea. :-)

Angie S said...

Cute!!

I love it, and Layla would love it to!

Kmama said...

Very cute. The bible verse was a nice touch!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

What is it with kids and their crap?! Such a cute idea and my favorite part was the Bible verse.

Mrs. NB

Krystyn said...

So cute. Recycling and giving them their own place for their crap.

Jackie at 3littleones said...

very cute!!!