Tuesday, February 16, 2010

No One Mourns the Wicked

Last Friday night, Brad and I went to see Wicked. It was my first time seeing the show and it exceeded every one of my expectations! It was absolutely fabulous!! If you have not seen it, I highly recommend it!
I got an email from the performing arts center today stating that there are still a few tickets available for the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday shows and I am trying to figure out how to convince my sweet husband to let me go see it again!

And because I will use any excuse to buy new shoes, I had to get my self a pair of ruby slippers

to go with my witch's hat!
My girlfriends and I made up the official Team Elphaba. We were almost as big a hit as the actual actors! During intermission, there were several people not-so-subtly snapping pictures of us. And a few actually asked permission...which of course, we granted!
Brad was a good sport. He did still sit with me even though I was in costume.
And for the record, I did take the hat off during the performance so the people behind me could see.

Afterwards, we posed for a picture with Boc/Tin Man. His comment when he saw us was, "Wow. That is a lot of hats!"
It's kind of fun being Wicked!

30 comments:

Angie S said...

Awww that looks so fun!!

I love the shoes...and you girls are some hot mamma's!!

Jen said...

you ladies rock!

What a fun way to see Wicked!

Oh and those shoes are fabulous!!!!

Jules said...

I love it! I want to see that so bad.

You ladies rock!

Anna said...

So fun! I got to see the show when it was here and it is just absolutely phenomenal!

Muthering Heights said...

LOVE the red shoes!

Sharon said...

What a blast! How much fun you must have had!

Cyndi said...

SOOOOOOOO much fun!

shortmama said...

Im so jealous! I really want to see that show since Wizard of Oz is my fave movie!

Jennifer said...

My BFF is NYC this week with her husband and they are going to see that show tonight.

LOVE the shoes.

Upstatemomof3 said...

First of all - AWESOME whoes!! Second of all - that sounds like so much fun!!! I would love to see that show.

Xmas Dolly said...

Yes, I did hear it was an awesome play. I sure wish I could go see it. You all look like you had a lot of fun.

Jackie at 3littleones said...

that looks like so much fun!!! i love your shoes :)

Erin said...

I LOVE those shoes! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! And I absolutely adore your "My obsession" button on your side bar...I can't wait for Eclipse to come out too!!!

Rachel said...

You guys are so much fun!

imbeingheldhostage said...

I want to be you.



You've convinced me, I'm telling the Hubby we're going to London.

Auntie E said...

How fun.. you must have had a riot. I bet i'll see blogs all about you guys, think you'll make the news,lol.

My WW link for you

Kmama said...

That looks like so much fun!!

Those are some HOT shoes. Work it!!

Cherry Family said...

SOOOOO Much Fun!! Can't wait until our next adventure. : )

Emmy said...

How fun!! And you are look great. And any reason to buy shoes like that is so worth it.

The Royal Family said...

glad you enjoyed yourself looks like fun!


Come check out my WW: http://bzzagentroyalty.blogspot.com/2010/02/wordful-wordless-wednesday.html

The Buzz
Brandy

Krystyn said...

Rockin shoes! I bet you all had a blast. And, WTG Brad for being such a good sport.

Dee said...

oh that looks like soo much fun!

Brenda said...

What a fun way to go and see Wicked. I saw it last year with my daughter and we loved it!

Susie said...

Oh my gosh! How cute are you guys?!

Emily said...

I can't believe there's actually a play I want to go see...

Sierra said...

so fun! I've been dying to see that musical!

heidi said...

I love that you all dressed up like that to go! FUN!

2wired2tired.com said...

I'd love to see Wicked! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Love the shoes!

Foursons said...

What a fun time!!!! I love that y'all dressed up.

Summer said...

What a neat, neat NEAT idea!!! Looks like fun!