Friday, February 26, 2010

Dear Giant Zit

that has taken up residence on my nose,

I don't mean to be rude, but why, exactly, are you here? There seems to have been some sort of misunderstanding. You see, I am an adult and therefore, should not have to continue suffering the indignities of adolescence. Adulthood has enough indignities of its own...hello stretch marks and deflated boobs!

It occurs to me that perhaps you are here in some misguided attempt to make me feel young(er) again. It's possible that you overheard my conversation with my sister in which we were lamenting that we don't seem to have inherited our mother's eternally youthful skin. I am pretty sure that my mom was on to something by spreading her 3 kids out over a decade rather than trying to cram all of them into a third of that time. I have definitely noticed that sleepless nights and the deepening of my crow's feet seem to be linked! And the constant use of my most stern mommy voice has left two permanent creases between my eyebrows.

I think herein lies the confusion...You see, when I was wishing for youthful skin, I didn't mean that I wanted my teenage skin back! (Do you remember Acutane?) No, I meant I want Hayden Panettiere's teenage skin!

Or better yet, just go live on the side of her nose for a few days!


Sincerely,

Too Old for Clearasil

14 comments:

Cyndi said...

Ok, she is totally airbrushed!! BTW, I haven't even noticed that zit!

Jennifer said...

haha! I totally understand and agree with this. I think your zit had a friend decide to visit me cause one moved in on my nose right at the very top and slightly to the side. I guess it thought I wanted to view it all day cause it is definatly in my line of sight! I have been wondering too, why my face is aging and wrinkling, but I still manage to get these monstorous zits every so often! what gives! Lets Revolt

Emmy said...

You are not the only one. And my skin is a mess right now.. for some reason whenever I am pregnant with a boy it just get trashed.. darn pimples

imbeingheldhostage said...

On the nose? So I guess a really cool Hello Kitty bandaid is out of the question, huh?

imbeingheldhostage said...

Wait, I think I just discovered your problem! How many S'mores did you eat last weekend?

Rachel said...

Like I bemoan to my mother regularly: it should be illegal to have zits and wrinkles at the same time...

I feel your pain. In fact, I feel it on my chin right now :P

Great letter :)

Emily said...

LOL. Seriously! If our bodies want to bring us back to adolescence, please give me back my flat tummy!

Kmama said...

I went through a really rough period with lots and lots of zits. I have no idea why!! I've finally moved on, but still have an outbreak here or there. Right now it is here. I have three on my chin. THREE!!!

Leiah said...

I've got dry scaly patches of old lady "Where's my Oil of Olay" skin on my cheeks and a zit on my chin that I swear I just saw some explorer stick a flag in like a newly discovered continent. I'm guessing some chocolates not going to help, huh? Crap.

Angie S said...

Ughhh...I had a zit on my back the other day...really? I know TMI, but damn...yuck!

Foursons said...

I can so sympathize with you on this one. I hate that my skin is like a teenager's!

Thanks for linking up- I hope that zit listens!

Sierra said...

I feel your pain and totally blame my children for the revisitation of the pimple fairy in my life. Dang hormones. I don't know about you, but I've broken out more since having my kids than I ever did in high school.
Ugh.

Cindy said...

Mine are all hormonal. And they totally bite. In Dec. at my yearly I was complaining and my dr. prescribed me some medicine in a dobber and it is awesome. When I feel one coming on I just dob it a few times a day and it never reaches the surface. I do also use it a few times a week just to prevent them. But for sure right before my monthly I use it a lot. Again just to prevent them. If you want the name let me know. Sorry, I am just to comfy right now to get off my butt and go and see what it is called.

Krystyn said...

I totally feel you as I have one growing on my face right now.

But, I'd like my perky boobs back, too!