Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Random Thoughts

I really wanted to have a True Story Tuesday for you today, but I just can't get my head on straight today. It's a bullet list kind of day for me.

  • I finally got around to purging the playroom of old toys to make room for the new Christmas toys. Libby handled the loss of some of her things very well, especially when I explained that we were going to give them away so that children without many toys could have them. Emma Jane on the other hand was sure that I was stealing from her and immediately ratted me out to daddy. "Mommy is gibbin my toes to da udder kids!"
  • What is it about boys that makes them require such massive quantities of food? This morning John had 8 ounces of formula (I LOVE that he takes a bottle, btw!) 1/3 cup of apples and almost a whole waffle! And when he started to slow down between bites, I assumed he was getting full so I gave the last quarter of his waffle to Libby. I have never seen a baby stare down someone like that! If looks could kill...
  • I went back to the gym for the first time since Thanksgiving. I have decided that my trainer really does hate. She is always so sweet and smiles at me, but really she must be trying to kill me!
  • Old people behind the wheel really scare me. My kids and I were almost mowed down by a little old lady with a handicap tag in the Publix parking lot yesterday. And she laid on the horn as if she was the one almost hit!
  • I have officially given up potty training EJ for the time being. We will try again when she tells me she wants to do it. But then last night she runs into the kitchen and tells me she needs to go potty. I let her try, she did her business in the potty and then says to me, "I went teetee in the potty. I have a yick of Nutella now?" That little chocolate whore! Do you think if I leave a jar of Nutella by the toilet, she will potty train herself?
  • Dan Humphries called me last night. When I saw the caller ID for a split second I thought perhaps my life had become an episode of Gossip Girl. Turns out it was just a wrong number. I wonder if Chuck Bass will call me next?
  • I totally forgot that yesterday was my blogiversary! Is it okay if I pretend that it is really next Monday and do my planned anniversary post then?

That's all I've got for now. Hopefully my brain will soon become capable of coherent thought soon! Happy Tuesday!

9 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

I should come here first thing in the day for my daily chuckle (and all out guffawing). I love the Nutella idea-- it's gross and clever all at once.
Happy Blogiversary (now) Next Monday!!!

Kmama said...

EJ asked for a lick of Nutella? That is totally cracking me up!!

Happy blogiversary. Can't wait for your anniversary post.

Krystyn said...

Nutella for potty training? Never heard of it, but I love it! Hilarious.

Happy (almost) blogiversary. I'm pretty sure Em missed hers, too.

blueviolet said...

Happy Blogiversary! I love that you're raising a chocolate whore! :)

Emily said...

Ok, I love that you called EJ a chocolate whore.
Rule #1 of raising boys...never give away their food. NEVER!
I want Nate to call me...

Kelli said...

I love the bullet post! We are stuggling with the potty training too but I think that if you leave it that might just work. Happy Tuesday.

Angie S said...

Gosh, I so need to clean and organize our playroom, but then Layla would be like EJ...she'd totally call me out. They do have way to many toys and I am sick of tripping over them.

And I feel ya...boys and food. Hayden took down a pb&j yesterday like I NEVER feed him.

shortmama said...

Chocolate totally works! I was having trouble with potty training my oldest so I made her a sticker chart (1 for pee and 2 for #2) and would also give her 2 M&Ms...she cared much more about the candy than the stickers

Megan R. said...

Ahahahaha! The nutella thing cracks me up! She will pee for chocolate. Wonder if she can make money with that trick?? Best not to think about it....