Thursday, January 28, 2010

PSF and the Positives of a Negative

So I did something a little crazy the other day.
A little over a month ago, I stopped breastfeeding John. In the past, this action has been a trigger to my dormant ovaries that it is time to become fertile again and my very favorite aunt shows up almost immediately.
But this time, the tricky little witch has been dragging her feet. She loves tormenting me so I really shouldn't be surprised but I started to get concerned. Even though the hubs and I are taking certain precautions, nothing is foolproof.
And when you consider just how many times birth control has made a fool of me(read the full story here, here, and here)...well, I'm just sayin'.
So I went to Walgreens and I bought a test.
Three, actually, but that is because I rarely believe the first one.
So anyways, I came home and stood in my bathroom debating with myself as to whether or not I actually needed to pee. My fear was that I might really NOT be pregnant, but that somehow, peeing on the stick would make me pregnant...yeah, I know! Go back and read the first line of this post! You have to understand that my track record with pregnancy tests is not good! I have only ever had one negative test and it was WRONG! I just didn't know it was wrong for 10 more days. And twice I have taken a test fully confident that I was not pregnant, simply looking for confirmation, only to end up with Libby and John!
So, needless to say, I was nervous about peeing on this stick.

So that is what it looks like with only one line! I think I am going to keep it for posterity.
PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily

21 comments:

puna said...

hehe, is that good or bad? Here from Photo Friday.

CC said...

I've never seen the plus.... so maybe you can show that one off next week? ;)

Cecily R said...

I never believe the first test either...I got TWO false negatives when I was pregnant with Gracie!!

And. I totally get your momentary insanity on this subject. It always makes me a little bonkers too!! :)

Emmy said...

Oh I hate pregnancy tests.. I always wonder did I do it right? Did I pee on it too much, too little? They have worked for me every time but yet I still don't trust them

Emily said...

LOL...did you celebrate with a glass of wine?

Raise Them Up said...

Lol! You're so funny! I think I went through that all three times when I stopped nursing. So I know the feeling. :)

Angie S said...

LOL!! You said you were nervous...are you sure you hit the stick...heehee!!

Kelli @ Gohn Crazy said...

Haha! Well yay for a negative (right?)! That's such a nerve wracking endeavour!

shortmama said...

LOL so was this the first or third one?

Vanessa said...

I've got a pill baby AND and iud baby. I don't trust any birth control at all!!

Sushi time?? :)

♥Amber Filkins♥ said...

Trade you!! :)

Mine are always negative, rarely positive.

And ya, I'm with shortmama, was this the first test, or the third? I'd take another one in 10 days. :)

Michelle said...

As long as I was nursing Aunt Flo stayed away. I loved that.

So are you going to take another one just to be sure?

Mama Zen said...

I never believe the first one either!

Krystyn said...

You are too funny! I was starting to wonder, too.

Jules said...

Did you do all three? Were they all like this?

Chris said...

Your very favorite aunt?.....Whatever are you talking about?

Life with Kaishon said...

?????????? I don't understand. Does one line mean you aren't? I hope you are happy whatever that test meant : ) Happy Friday!

Summer said...

Time for a glass of wine!!! ;)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Oh the stress of the toying aunt! Glad you've conquered this time....

John Deere Mom said...

I keep telling everyone how we are SO done having babies. I just know if I don't shut up about it...little "Chloe" or "Ethan" will arrive in about 9 months. Must call the vasectomy dr. ASAP!

Jackie at 3littleones said...

haha! this was me a few months ago - except I was still nursing but nauseus everyday when I woke up. As 2 of my 3 kids were also surprises I had to go and buy 3 tests as well with the same results as you. I hope you are happy w/ the results :)