Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Motivation



Most people start a new year ready for a fresh start and full of motivation to make changes.


And usually somewhere around mid-January, that motivation dies.




I think my trainer's New Year's resolution was to make me throw up. Sometimes after a workout with her, I come home and check the internet to see it Jillian Michaels has died in a freak accident...because I am sure that Julie is channeling her spirit!




So the other day during a particularly brutal workout, I received a boost in motivation. I was doing v-ups, which suh-huck by the way, and practically in tears when an older gentleman (probably in his 60s) walked by and said something to my trainer. She burst out laughing at what ever he had said.
When I finished my set she said, "So that man that just spoke to me said 'I would like for my wife to have her body. Can you do that for me?' "
That comment totally made my day. And it made going back to gym next time much easier. Apparently all I need for motivation is an inappropriate comment from a man old enough to be my father! Sick, I know!
For more stories we just can't make up, visit True Story Tuesdays at Once Upon a Miracle.

15 comments:

Kmama said...

What an awesome compliment!!

I so need to get some more motivation to work out. I've been doing it, but I hate it. You'd think the tight pants and double-chin would do it...but nope.

Emily said...

I take any motivation I can get!

Angie S said...

I'd be happy with that comment too, especially when you are working so freakin' hard!

Kelli said...

Hey, whatever works!

Life with Kaishon said...

Wow. That is a GREAT compliment. Even if it came from a creepy old man. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww! Way to go!

Queen of Quite A Lot said...

I had a similar situation Saturday a.m. I was on the dreadmill and wondering when my butt was going to stop slapping the back of my thighs when the guy on the bicycle behind me says, "Don't lose too much of it now." Um, ok? I did 30 more minutes while I kept repeating in my head "Go J-Lo, Go J-Lo" alternating with "Please let him be gone when I get off here. Please let him..."

Brandi said...

That is some motivation (although a bit creepy)! ;)

Just Stacy said...

lmao Queen, your butt slaps your thighs too?

Unfortunately, this is why I don't go to co-ed gyms. I would LOVE a comment like that, but NOT getting a comment like that would crush me. lol.

Killlashandra said...

Take positive comments for what they're worth and smile about them and be happy. :) Somedays there seems to be a shortage of them.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I LOVE IT!!!!

Mrs. NB

Rachel said...

Hee-hee-hee! I wish I could even GET AWAY to go to a gym and have a trainer torture me!

And Mr. Daddy is gonna kill me for this one - but I get inappopriate comments from a particular gentleman all the time (I married him, LOL) *rimshot*

Thanks for linking up and good work with the workouts!

Jules said...

Too funny....I guess any motivation will work!

Foursons said...

That would totally motivate me too! My goal in life is to be a MILF, but I need to get up off the couch and quit buying cookies for that to happen. I would have been telling everyone I knew had that man said that about me. Congrats!

shortmama said...

That comment would motivate me too!!

Mr. Daddy said...

Alrighty then, I wasn't going to comment for fear of being labeled with the dirty old man..

But then I read Queens comment, and then the follow up by Just Stacy then the Rim shot by yours truly...


Thanks DEAR!!!!!

Great TST