Friday, January 1, 2010

21 for 2010

Letters of Intent


Dear 2010,

Here you are at last.
I have spent much of the last few days thinking about the year to come and what my expectations and goals are for the next 12 months. And as I am making my usual list of resolutions, I can't help but think about an expectation that won't be realized this year...because he came last year!
I was born in 1980.
My father was born in 1950.
His father was born in 1920.
Since even before I was married, I always expected to have baby in 2010. Thus continuing the 30 year separation between parent and child. But since John came a little sooner than I had planned, that is one tradition that will be dying this year.

I don't know why that has been making me laugh all day...


Anyways. On to the resolutions that actually have a prayer of coming true. These are 21 goals/hopes/expectations I have for 2010:
(in no particular order)


1. Potty train Emma Jane
2. Start cooking again, at least 4 nights a week
3. Lose my last 5 baby pounds
4. Put my gym membership to better use! I want to get back to exercising daily.
5. Clean and purge all of the closets in my house.
6. Finish decorating my living room
7. Learn to sew
8. Go on a mission trip
9. See Bon Jovi in concert
10. Finish Emma Jane's 1st year scrapbook (You know, since she is 3!)
11. Start a baby book for John
12. Organize the new playroom
13. Set up a classroom in the old playroom
14. Attend the homeschool convention
15. Start formally homeschooling Libby
15a. Teach Libby to read
16. Become a redhead
17. Memorize 30 new bible verses
18. Attend the Beth Moore conference in April
19. Take a Beth Moore study and actually do the homework everyday
20. Plan one on one time with each child weekly
21. Take a vacation with my husband!
21a. without getting pregnant!!


2009 was a good year for my family! But I think 2010 will be even better!


Happy New Year!


For more letters of intent, head over to Foursons!

13 comments:

Foursons said...

Great letter!

If I only had 5 baby pounds left I would consider myself done. Unfortunately Nolan is now 5 and I still haven't lost my baby weight. YES- it is too still baby weight!

When you become a redhead be sure to take pictures and post them on your blog!

Thanks for linking up. You're first this week. I think that means that 2010 will be a superb year for you! Seeing as how my blog rules the world and all. You know.

The Reeds said...

Good luck with the potty training!
Please pass along any easy recipes you discover doing all that cooking. Key word: EASY :)

Emily said...

Ok, I think you already realize this too...but I'm pretty sure you're at least going to get pregnant in 2010...just how soon depends on if there's a baby in 2010. :) And I'm SO glad Bon Jovi made your list of must-dos! :)

Krystyn said...

No way I can put up a list now. 21 things...and compete with this?

But, btw, there still can be a 2010 baby...at least within the next two maybe three months. Just saying...

Rachel said...

I'm echoing your other bloggy friends and saying you still have a couple months to make that 30-year thing happen... and at least it's better than 30 years difference between SIBLINGS, right? hee hee

I agree with Julie... I'd be one happy chick if I only had 5 baby pounds to go! Doesn't everyone know that I'm far too busy to exercise?!?! :)

Happy New Year!

Kelli said...

I love your 21a!!! If you go see Beth I will be so excited to hear ALL about it. Her Daniel study had me doing ALL of the homework. I didn't want to miss a beat because it was that good. Great list!

Kmama said...

wow. You have some lofty goals/resolutions. I hope you are able to achieve them all and more!

JennyMac said...

Become a redhead...why you saucy minx! LOL.

Happy New Year Lauren!!!

Nocona said...

That's funny. My letter was to 2009. Great letter. We have many of the same goals this year. I want to complete a Beth Moore study too and memorize more scripture. Have you done Believing God? It was awesome!

shortmama said...

Great list!

Angie S said...

Happy 2010!

Best wishes for an awesome year!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Happy New Year! Love you list!

Mrs. NB

Jen said...

It was a pretty good year.

Happy New Year!