Monday, December 7, 2009

There's a Plague upon my Household

It has been a rough week for us.
First John was sick with a cold.
Then he passed his cold to me, bless his little punkin head.

I thought we were going to get out of the woods without the others falling ill.

And then last night, Emma Jane brought the Black Death into our lives. She was up all night barking like a seal. Which of course, means Mommy was up all night with her. And since this circus act took place in my bed, which she had crawled into at midnight, now Daddy is feeling sickly as well.

EJ has been pitiful all day. She has done nothing but sleep and snuggle her hot little, fevered body on Mommy. Hopefully the worst is behind us, because I don't think she can take another day like this.
She certainly isn't going to put up with Mommy taking anymore pictures of her misery.

13 comments:

Angie S said...

I am sickly, and pray I don't pass it to the kids. Or Gary...he is about to be traveling for a few days. Can you imagine getting on a plane with a cold?? Yuck.

I hope you guys get better soon, oh and I meant to tweet back about the second picture of EJ. I was lazy and cuddled up on the couch coughing. I guess I am a slacker tweeter. or just sickly.

Bren said...

OH no! Maggie's bought with the H1N1 started with that dreaded barking cough! Hope you all get better quick!

Beth P. said...

Oh no, I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Kmama said...

Poor thing. We had croup enter our house a few weeks ago for the first time ever. I hope it's not that.

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

This was us just 2 weeks ago! Poor little babies! Hope you are all happy and healthy again.

Summer said...

Poor, sweet EJ... :( But, I have to say...she is still pretty darn cute even being sickly.. :)

Emily said...

Bless her little heart. I can totally see the finger. And she totally has your "leave me the heck alone!" expression.

heidi said...

Poor EJ! We've had it all here, too. STarted with one cold and turned into some sinus infections and chest colds for everyone but Sienna. She's managed to escape so far. Cara, though, spent the weekend puking. Hope that's not next for us!

I did realize that we all started getting sick right after I stopped FORCING everyone to gargle with saltwater morn and eve so we're going to start that right back up again.

Hope everyone in your house is on the mend soon.

blueviolet said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry. Her little face couldn't emit any more sadness if she tried. Poor little girl.

shortmama said...

My girls are just getting over their sickies too!

imbeingheldhostage said...

So that gesture isn't a learned one, it comes naturally? ;-)

I am so sorry!! The worse thing having sickies enter a house with multiple children, it seems to go on forever. Do you have some nice friends to bring you soup and give you a little time to get a nap in ?

Krystyn said...

Oh no..I hope you all are on the upswing and mend now. That really stinks.

Megan R. said...

What the hell? Did you tell the cold to pack up it's bags, leave town and hit our place? Cause it looks like Heavy C is coming down with a case of the nasties.