Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Re-Gifting

I have done very little Christmas shopping online this year. So as a result, my kiddos have tagged along for quite a few outings to the mall in the recent past. These outings have ranged from absolutely delightful and productive to a complete waste of the five minutes it took me to unload everyone from the car.
Emma Jane, being struck particularly hard with the Christmas spirit, decided to do some Christmas "shopping" of her own. I saw her the other day walk into the playroom with her toy shopping cart and then a few minutes later, head through the kitchen towards the sunroom with the cart overflowing with toys.
After seeing her do this a few times, I followed her out to the sunroom and found this:

I am not sure if these "gifts" are for her family or just toys that she wants for herself. Either way, I think she is taking the concept of re-gifting a little too far!

16 comments:

Michelle said...

How cute! I remember when my girls used to wrap up their toys to give to us. :)

Happy WW!

Muthering Heights said...

Oh my, that is soooooooooooo cute and funny!!!

heidi said...

HA! I LOVE it!! LOL

Angie S said...

HA!! So stinkin' funny!

shortmama said...

Precious!

Xmas Dolly said...

Who knows a child's logic and what goes on those little heads, but be advised you're definitely going to know soon because they can't wait to tell you. Merry Christmas. Stop by me if you get time.

blueviolet said...

LOL, that is some serious generosity of spirit!!!

Kelli said...

LOL!!! She even regifts shoes.

Kmama said...

What a sweet little punkin!! That's too cute!

Emily said...

I hope she's not going to be one of those old ladies that is driving along and spots some old garbage, I mean treasure, by the side of the roads and stops to put it in her car!

JennyMac said...

That is so adorable.

Brenda said...

Thats actually very sweet. I love those things that kids do.

Krystyn said...

I think that's adorable. She went shopping in the house? Too cute.

John Deere Mom said...

That is so stinking cute!!

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my gosh that is SO funny : ) One year when Kaish was little I wrapped some of his toys he already had up and guess what, he didn't even notice : ) PERFECT! I know, I know, I am a TERRIBLE mother!

Momisodes said...

LOL! That is adorable. I'd have to say she is quite resourceful :)