Thursday, November 19, 2009

PSF and New Moon

I love to read. More than just about anything else. And sometimes the line between fiction and reality gets a little blurry for me.

When I read New Moon for the first time (that's right, I said "first") I was 16 weeks pregnant with John. And just a little hormonal.

It probably wasn't the best timing.

I was spending the weekend with Emily for her son's baptism when I started the book. I was in bed reading that first night and Emily came in to say good night and see if I needed anything.

And she found me sobbing hysterically into my pillow.

Of course, she asked me what was wrong and I choked out the words, "I...I...I think...he...is...go...ing to...leave her."

And like any sane person trying to talk an irrational mess off the ledge good friend, she sat on the side of the bed and held my hand and asked, "Do you think maybe you are taking this so hard because you are pregnant? Because you know this isn't real."

"NO!" I (almost) shouted, "It is like he is leaving me!"

Did I mention the blurry line?

And I need to mention that at this point in time, Emily had not yet finished reading Twilight, so she didn't fully comprehend the magnitude of what was happening in New Moon. Two weeks later she was sending me frantic texts messages in the middle of the night about this exact same chapter!

I have heard others say that of the Twilight books, New Moon was their least favorite, but I disagree. I love New Moon. And I can't wait to see it played out on screen!


Go Team Edward!



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Sue

13 comments:

blueviolet said...

I just can't wait to hear if it lives up to your expectations!

Chris said...

I can't believe I've made it through this many posts without a New Moon reference :)

This is all the talk at our house, except that we are, evidently, team Jacob.

At least that's what I'm told.

Cindy said...

Ok so I am right there with you. My daughter and I are going to see it later this week when the lines die down a bit. We can't wait.

On a side note: I am assuming you are not into Russian brides and that a computer has posted the comment that is before mine. Scary that those things come up. Ick. And I was ready to delete my captcha gadget.

Bren said...

OK - I'll admit to being one of those people who like the second book the least. I am excited about the movie though - I hear it is A LOT better than the first. I do love the books and will now probably have to read them again!

Morgan said...

I just started re-reading New Moon in preparation for our girls night out and I was still in tears the second time I came to that part. I was at work too (thank goodness no one was around since it was lunchtime). I wasn't bawling like a little baby this time but I still went through a lot of tissues.

Cherry Family said...

LOL! I hope your excitement is not busted by Hollywood's lack of ability to make a movie as good as book. : ) I wish I could find time to read my favorite books. Good for you Lauren! You are an inspiration. I just fall asleep when I try reading in bed. : )

Kelli said...

I say this often but I really need to read those books. I need to be able to relate...I feel out of the loop.

Emily said...

ROTF! Your hysterical crying was too funny.
I am obviously team Edward, but seriously, it's like Taylor Lautner found a big pile of gorgeous and just rolled around in it!

Summer said...

Ok...so, when I started reading this post...and about how you asked Emily that question...I started crying! LOL! Because I remember how I felt when reading that!!! I BALLED like a little baby when I read.."October".."November"..."December"....I was in hysterics!!! I remember literally putting the book down and saying "no" to myself very softly....ok...I'm tearing up right now just typing this!!!!

So...saw New Moon last night....about to post about it....all I can say is WOW! :)

Ashley said...

Okay - I just got really really excited after watching that. I can't wait to see it!!!

shortmama said...

Ive got nothin'...read the first book, it was ok...saw the movie, it was awful. Have yet to read any more of the books lol

Krystyn said...

Too funny. I don't think I cried. But, I wasn't pregnant when I started reading it. You are cracking me up.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://young.hamee.ru/russian-women-seeking-american-husband.html]russian women seeking american husband[/url] [url=http://young.hamee.ru/women-clothing-in-russian-monasteries.html]women clothing in russian monasteries[/url] [url=http://young.hamee.ru/ukrainian-single-women-gw.html]ukrainian single women gw[/url] [url=http://young.hamee.ru/russian-and-women-and-dates.html]russian and women and dates[/url]