Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm a nut

There are few edible things in life that I love more than peanut butter. As far as I am concerned, it is just the perfect food.
But something strange happened at the grocery store last week. Instead of grabbing my usual jar of JIF, but my (completely of it's own volition) went a little to the left and picked up this instead:
I don't really know what possessed me to purchase this. I have heard others talk about how yummy it is and Rachael Ray uses it all the time in her dessert recipes, but I myself never felt the need to betray my faithful peanut butter try something new.
As I unloaded my groceries, I got a little mad at myself over my impulse buy. I mean, that stuff is not exactly cheap and it doesn't even really sound that good! Who likes hazelnuts?? It sat in my pantry for two whole days before I could bring myself to try it...but when I did
OH.MY.WORD!!!
It was like I had died and gone to chocolate heaven. Seriously, where has this stuff been all of my life!? I went through the whole jar in less than a week! And even worse, I have gotten Emma Jane hooked too. Everyday she asks me for some nella. Brad has been calling us both crack addicts and Libby can't understand why Mommy and Emma Jane are eating something that looks like "mud on a graham cracker." It's crazy in my kitchen!
And I haven't yet had the heart to tell peanut butter I'm just not that into him anymore.

14 comments:

Theta Mom said...

My husband first introduced me to it when we were in Italy. They put it on EVERYTHING there and I sure know why! lol

Bren said...

I just found Nutella myself and yum yum! I didn't think about graham crackers - now I will have to stop at the store! It is sooo good it almost makes you feel bad eating it (almost!).

Emily said...

Could you imagine if they made Nutella M&Ms!

Kelli @ RTSM said...

I started my love of Nutella this summer...and went through a few jars! It is really good with pretzels...that salty and sweet at the same time!

Summer said...

I've tried it, but I'm not really a fan. I mean...it's ok I guess, but I MUCH prefer peanut butter! :)

Angie S said...

I have been VERY curious about Nutella. Sooooo now I must try it!

I have glanced at it on the grocery store shelves, but the name of it is so weird to me. Nutella??

Krystyn said...

I'm glad I've resisted the urge to buy this. I'm sure I would like it and I don't need anything like that in my diet!

Anonymous said...

Aah Nutella!!!! We had it in Italy for breakfast! It is great on a croissant! Tell EmmaJane next time she comes I will have some for her..waffles and nutella has to be great!

Rachel said...

Okay - I'm convinced... I've come across too many of these "where have you been my whole life" posts to finally be curious enough to get myself to a store and buy some! :) I only hope I can afford a new habit :)

Thanks for joining up!

Anonymous said...

You are a German baby. I think you are just pulling out some of those first food memories. I'm Fr. Simone was feeding it to you by the spoonfuls.

blueviolet said...

I bought that when I was in France in high school and it's insane, isn't it?

Megan R. said...

Ok, I am going to have to try this stuff!

heidi said...

I'm still hesitant. I don't like hazlenut flavor, either. Are you saying it taste nothin like that??

Holly said...

You should try a peanut butter and nutella sandwich! Those are yummy! I try to stay away from having nutella in the house. Last time I had it I think I ate the whole jar in 2 days. By the end I just had a spoon and the jar, it was bad!