Monday, November 2, 2009

Harvest Festival Fun!

We don't celebrate Halloween in our family. And even if we did, we live in the worst trick-or-treating neighborhood on the planet! Seriously, in three years I have not had even one knock on my door!

But we don't even miss trick-or-treating because our church puts on this amazing Harvest Festival every year! There are games, crafts, bouncy houses, a hayride, a cakewalk, tons of junk food and candy! The kids had a blast and Brad and I discovered that chocolate makes Emma Jane a little tipsy! She was having trouble walking in a straight line at the end of the night!
Here are a few pictures of the fun!:





Emma Jane really liked the tossing games!

And decorating Mr. Pumpkin Head!

Here are the girls hearing the Wordless Book and making a candy version of the story.

Decorating crowns



John was there too! He and I are taking a dinner break!

Face painting!



And the most fun game: The Obstacle Course!!




We finished up the evening with the cake walk. Here is Emma Jane trying to stand on two pumpkins at once! She really wanted that cupcake!

Now on to Thanksgiving! I love the holidays!!

9 comments:

Kelli said...

My favorite season...the holiday season. That goes from October until New Years. This is just a fun time of year. It looks like you all had a blast. I love the face painting.

shortmama said...

Looks like a fun festival! We had a festival on Friday and I won a cake in the cake walk...because you know I needed more sweets in the house!

Krystyn said...

Looks like you had a great time! We skipped out on the cake walk this time.

Dee said...

oh that looks like soo much fun! They are adorable!

Emily said...

That is quite a festival! What is the Wordless book?

Cyndi said...

LOVED the Harvest Fesitval! The wordless book, sugar form was very cool! We'll have to coordinate better next time ;)

blueviolet said...

I love those little carnival type games! That looks like a lot of fun!

I'm ready for Thanksgiving too. :)

Angie S said...

Gosh that looks fun!

There are tons of activities at that festival. I would have been pooped out!

I'm loving the obstacle course pics.

Megan R. said...

Dude, the scarecrows in the first pick are creepy!!!