Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Glute, schmoot

I work out with a trainer once or twice a week. Her name is Julie. (She is actually my second trainer, because the first had to take a leave of absence.) So Julie is now my personal torturer. While I miss certain things about Anthony, like how he always told me how awesome I am and called me his VIP, I have come to really like Julie. For one thing, she has children so she knows from experience what exercises are going to best strengthen and repair the damage that 3 kids in 4 years has done to my core. She also is very straight forward and basic with her workouts. Anthony was interesting and never put me through the same routine twice, but he also threw in some crazy stuff (with deceptively cute names) that I would never do on my own.
So yesterday, Julie started off my workout with some squats and lunges. NO biggie! I have done thousands of squats in my life and I am good at squats. We were working on the machine that looks like a swing set but instead of a swing there is a bar. You know? Right? If you don't, go to gym more because that's the best description I got!
Anywho...I wasn't doing very heavy weight and at first it seemed really easy. Except that Julie made me squat on a 10 count (which is r-e-a-l-l-y slow) and I had to hold it at the bottom before pressing up. Like I said, the weight was light and I was more worried about falling down than the pain. When we were finished my legs predictable felt like jello and I was thinking that my quads were going to be seriously sore the next day!
Not so much. When I woke up this morning, my legs really felt fine. I can definitely tell that I worked them, but they don't really hurt.
My butt, on the other hand...is totally hating me right now! Apparently, I haven't actually been using my gluteus maximus for the last 29 years and it is currently protesting this abuse with every step I take!
She totally tricked me with those squats! My butt may sue...

9 comments:

Krystyn said...

Ouch...I bet your quads hurt tomorrow, though. I've usually got a 2 day lag time!

Kelli said...

LOL! My butt could use a Julie.

shortmama said...

Im in pain just reading about it!

Angie S said...

I am way out of shape! I ran a mile on Sunday and am still sore today, however I am usually more sore on the second day.

Your butt may sue...HA!

Emily said...

Maybe your butt deserves some Peanut butter M&MS!

blueviolet said...

I would both love and hate a trainer. You're pretty lucky to have one!

When the glutes hurt, they really hurt, don't they?

Theta Mom said...

I could use a trainer!!!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Pictures girl! We need to know what we shouldn't be trying at home ;-)

Megan R. said...

I don't know what you are talking about, I use my ass every day. Sitting is tough work, dude!