Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Just call her Mia!

Libby started playing peewee soccer this year. Daddy is one of her coaches and I am officially a soccer mom! She was so excited about putting on her soccer uniform for her first game! Here she is all decked out:
Okay, I know she doesn't look excited, but she is! She just has sort of Chandler-ish tendencies when it comes to posing for pictures!

Her excitement about soccer ended with putting on her uniform. She was quite distressed when she discovered that she actually had to play!

Coach Gary (because she was not listening to Coach Daddy) had to physically carry her onto the field!
And then she just stood there...
looking lost and forlorn...
and like she would rather be anywhere but here.

Have you ever seen anything sadder?
And then she actually tried to crawl off the field.
After a short break on the sidelines...
Coach Gary brought her back out onto the field.
This time she decided to try actually participating. That is her on the far right.
No, not the big guy. That is the other team's coach!
She got to do a corner kick...
and throw in the ball!
(Okay so she is actually just running in with the ball over her head, but it's peewee league. They don't even keep score!)
By the end of the game, she was doing great!
Check out that defense!
So all in all...
I don't think it was the worst day of her life!

12 comments:

Emily said...

Chandler-ish tendencies! hahaha! She's such a cute soccer player! Go Libby!!

Kelli said...

Chandler...I love it. I'm glad she warmed up and ended up having fun. Enjoy Soccer Mom!

imbeingheldhostage said...

Love it. I had a big goofy smile all the way through this post. How cute is she?!

Tiaras said...

we tried soccer - my kids hated it!!

Angie S said...

She looks so proud of herself in the last pic...too cute.

Your commentary is GREAT!

Krystyn said...

Glad she came around and started to enjoy it. Hopefully the next game has much less drama.

Denise said...

Awww, she is so cute!!! I hope she is all smiles for her next game.

shortmama said...

The same thing happened with my oldest and gymnastics! At least she got into the swing of things eventually!

blueviolet said...

Oh my gosh, she does look so lost and forlorn in the beginning. I'm glad she finally got into it!

Bren said...

I'm glad she finally got "into" the game! She is one cute little soccer player!

Pam said...

Chandler~~BAHAHAHAHA!! Love it!

I was getting a bit worried there for several frames. Especially when she was reverting back to her baby days by crawling off the field. But that was pretty stinkin' funny if you ask me.

Glad she eventually got into it. It would be a disappointing season for Brad if she didn't want any part of the team he was coaching.

heidi said...

LOL I'm glad she got into it by the end of the game!