Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bye, bye eczema!

A few months ago I mentioned that John had eczema. While it wasn't a particularly severe case, it was bad enough to bother him and me.


Instead of having smooth, soft lily-white baby skin, he had flaming red scaly skin all over his head, face and trunk. I tried everything I could think of to make it go away: special lotions, soaps, hydrocortizone cream, etc. Nothing worked completely...until I discovered hazelwood.


Those of you that know us in real life have probably noticed the little necklace my son wears. That is his hazelwood necklace. I originally bought it to help ease teething pains, but quickly discovered that it was the answer to our eczema problem! After just about 2 weeks of wearing his necklace, I noticed that John's skin was 100% better! The red, scaly mess was GONE!


If you want to find out more about hazelwood check out my other blog, Three Green Peas. I am giving away a hazelwood necklace, courtesy of Hazelaid.

8 comments:

Vanessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vanessa said...

The necklace looks so cute on him and you're right his skin is perfect now! I'm hoping to win the giveaway but if not I'm certainly going to have to buy one. Kylan's skin is getting worse and worse everyday. :(
I'm so glad you found this...you always find the stuff to make life easier for our babies. Thank you for that!!

Kelli said...

I need an adult size. My eczema is awful!

Tanielle said...

Glad he is doing better, no fun at all!!!

Krystyn said...

Glad it's working out!

blueviolet said...

That is so cool that it worked!

Theta Mom said...

I never thought I would ever read the words, "Bye-Bye Eczema!" My son is now four and STILL suffers from it on his hands. We have tried it all...not sure how the necklace would work for his hands, though. It is so frustrating!
But, on a happier note, so glad I found your blog! It's so adorable! Following you on twitter and I would love to follow your blog if you follow as well. :)

Pam said...

Wow....I have lived off and on with that mess all my life. It never really leaves but it will move as you grow and when you least expect it, it will turn up on another part of your body. As a child I had some major issues with it. Going to check out the info on a hazelwood. Thanks.
Pam