Thursday, October 1, 2009

5 Months (and 2 days)

Time is clearly going by too quickly. I didn't even realize John was already 5 months old until my friend, Vanessa, pointed it out via tweet! Whoa! Luckily my sweet baby doesn't read my blog so he doesn't realize I am 2 days late with this post.

At 5 months John:
weighs 15 1/2 lbs
is 27 1/2 inches
is still exclusively breastfeed
but starting to realize that Mommy is holding out on him!
loves trucks


has almost outgrown the infant carrier

has travelled on an airplane

thinks he can walk


enjoys blowing raspberries and spitting

has the best belly laugh

is starting to feel really heavy in the sling :(

is back to 2 nighttime feedings

sleeps unswaddled

and as of last night, with.out.a.paci!!!

(obviously this picture is not from last night!)


My baby is growing up so fast! Seriously, how do I make it stop??

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Linds

Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Latree@Dandelion said...

he is BIG and handsome :D

Emily said...

oh he is sososososososo cute! And I love the bedding in his room...it looks so good in there...oh wait, you STILL haven't posted pictures of it yet. Get to it, woman! ;)

Steph said...

When you figure that one out, let me know will ya? ;)
Adorable!

Angie S said...

He had that exact same walker and Hayden LOVED it!

I love the pic of John sleeping in the bed. He looks so peaceful and sweet!

Gosh they grow so fast!!!

blueviolet said...

He is absolute cuteness!

Ashley said...

He is so sweet!

Chris said...

It just doesn't stop -- no matter what you do. But the ride is worth it....almost always :D

Lindsay said...

Ahhhhhh - that's so sweet. Don't tell my son that I still haven't posted about his birthday...on Saturday! LOL. And seriously - boys are SO much studier...pretty sure my daughter won't be ready for the walker by 5 months. I have what you call "unmotivated" children...:-)

shortmama said...

Hes adorable!

Kelli said...

Look at that sweet baby. They grow so fast and at that age seem to do something new each day. Enjoy!

Jackie at 3littleones said...

i wish i knew how to make them stop growing! they really do grow up too fast :( he is so adorable though.
btw - i have an award for you over at my blog http://3little1.blogspot.com/2009/10/our-house-of-awards.html

Sharon said...

He sure is cute! It's amazing how quickly the time goes by!

kaye said...

I think that's why we love babies so much, we know it doesn't last very long. Now an old cranky person--sometimes they are a little hard to love because we know that's going to last a long time.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

They have a way of doing that, huh? Growing up on us moms!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Oh! My! Word! He is adorable!!!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Krystyn said...

Awww....I still can't believe you have a BOY! Let alone that he is 5 months old!

Lucky you that he is still BFing..my kids wanted food before then (Even though I wanted to wait until 6 months)! What a little cutie.

Pam Emmons said...

I wish I could make my youngest stop growing, and keep him tiny forever! What a cute baby you have!

Tanielle said...

What a little cutie!!! I can't wait to hold my little boy coming in just a couple months!!!

heidi said...

He's adorable! I always wanted to sling the boys but just could never get the hang of it. So, I lug them around like sacks of potatoes, instead.