Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Toe Socks


One of the most important parts of any relationship is laughter. I mean, if you can't laugh at with each other, what is the point? With that in mind, I want to share a conversation that I had with my best friend the other day that really made me laugh. And if it seems as if I am laughing at her rather than with her...well, that is because I am.

So, last week, Brad and I went to the FCA banquet. This is the first fancy event I had been to in over a year, so I bought a new dress and shoes. The next day Emily calls me to ask how it went. Conversation as follows:


Em: So did you have fun?

Me: So much fun! (And then a whole lot of details about the banquet I won't bore you with.)

Em: Did you look hot?

Me: Of course I looked hot! And my new shoes were really comfortable! I wore them all night without blisters or sore feet.

Em: That is such a plus when cute shoes feel good too!

Me: Yeah, unfortunately they ruined my pedicure.

Em: Oh, I hate when shoes do that!! (pause) This is what we should invent!

(Sidebar: Em and I have recently been discussing all of the genius products out there that we totally could have invented if we had had the idea first.)


Back to the convo at hand:


Em: We should invent some kind of foot covering that will protect your pedicure when you are wearing heels!

Me: Um, you mean like...socks??

Em: Ugh, no! Not socks! I mean, like something that just covers your toes.

Me: (giggling) So you mean toe socks!

Em: Bite me!

Me: (still laughing as she hangs up...)


*Emily gave me permission to share this story but insisted that I make it clear that this is her idea! Therefore, no one reading this is allowed to go out and invent this product out from under her. Do you hear that? Emily invented socks! Not you!*

You know, I can actually hear her saying "bite me" again through the computer as I type this...
Check out more True Stories on Tuesday at Once Upon a Miracle. Seriously, you just can't make this stuff up!

11 comments:

Kelli said...

There's nothing like laughter with your best friend! Toe socks...classic!

Emily said...

Alright, alright...I didn't invent socks...I invented toe socks! When people are buying my toe socks at Targets all over the country you're going to wish you had thought of it first! ;)

Angie S said...

So funny...you girls crack me up!!

shortmama said...

That is too funny!

Foursons said...

Ummm...does Emily realize those exist already? I have 2 pairs in my drawer right now! In black and tan. Sorry girl!

Kmama said...

LOL. Love this story.

Jackie at 3littleones said...

haha - that was such a funny story! thanks for sharing - it just gave me a good laugh :)

Rachel said...

Laughter with a friend who cares enough to say "bite me", is the best kind :)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

You guys crack me up! She just might be on to something, though...

;0)

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Krystyn said...

Emily is a genius! Ha!

But, seriously, socks don't help my pedicures either. The only thing that does is wearing sandals.

heidi said...

OOOhh! Go EM!

Rob and I were discussing an invention last night. Period Panties. No, really - unders that feel like real underwear with a built in pad or pantyliner. DIsposable.

Wait...those are Depends, aren't they?

Damnit, we'll never be rich!