Thursday, September 10, 2009

PSF and Beech Hill Farm

This week Cecily has teamed up with Lolli at Better in Bulk and together they have brought Photo Story Friday to a new dimension.




Last weekend, my family spent a few days enjoying the cooler New England weather while visiting my sister and her family. While we were there we visited Beech Hill Farm in Hopkinton, NH. The farm is great. There are animals for the kids to look at and pet. There is a h.u.g.e. dirt pile with buckets, shovels and tonka trucks for the kids to play in. There is a little country store with ice cream!



And there are cornmazes!



If you have never been in a cornmaze, well honestly, you aren't missing much. But to my two year old nephew, Ryan, there is nothing better! This maze was pretty easy to get through. It was designed for little kids and along the paths there were pictures of animals hidden in the corn for the children to find.

When I look at this picture:

  • I think about Ryan's excitement as he led the way through the maze.

  • I think about the innocence of a child and how fleeting is this season of life.
  • I think about how someday he is going to be as big as (or bigger than) those cornstalks.
  • I think about how much I love my sister's kids and how I wish we lived closer to each other.
  • I think about how much fun the cousins have together and how I hope they are always friends!
  • I think about how sweet his little voice is when he said, "dis way out" or "I foun da ottah."
  • I think about how fall is my favorite season!
  • And I think that a three and half hour flight with 3 small children is totally worth it when I get to hang out in a cornmaze with this little guy!


Photobucket



PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

15 comments:

Cecily R said...

Oh, he is so SO cute!! La la LOVE that first shot!

Corn mazes scare the crap out of me. I have ZERO sense of direction and I hate the idea of wandering around forever and never getting out!

blueviolet said...

Oh he is just absolutely darling!

I've been to corn mazes many times and I'm always excited by the theme but the truth is that you can't tell you're traveling through a lion, a flower, or a square once you're in the middle of it.

Michelle said...

Oh how I miss a good corn maze! :)

Emily said...

He's such a little man!

Chris said...

Is it time for corn mazes already? I LOVE Autumn!

These shots, paired with your sentimental words, make a perfect PSF. When a picture causes you to pause, and remember, you know you have a winner.

Great shots -- I love that first one - he looks so little compared to the stalks.

Jackie at 3littleones said...

what great pictures! My favorite season is the fall too (well it is now that I live in FL - I never realized how much I would miss it after I left New England). Looks like you had a great trip :)

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

What a lot to ponder from such a simple shot! perfect!

Unknown Mami said...

I just love that first picture. You should make a ginormous print of it.

Wayne said...

Wow he looks so small against those corn stalks.

Great photo friday

Kelli said...

Wow, what nice things to say...really brought the picture to life.

~ shi ~ said...

What a Handsome guy! I love the look on his face in the second picture!

Anonymous said...

We had a great visit too.

kaye said...

I agree--lovely post. I’m remembering 9/11 today here’s my link Have a nice Friday!

Ryanne said...

Oh the joys of youth and childhood! And the time with family! Great memories are created in these moments.

Angie S said...

I haven't been to a corn maze, but they look fun! That little tooter sure is a cutie!