Thursday, September 10, 2009

Let's Get Physical, Physical...

I recently joined a new gym and one of the perks of new membership is a free health assessment. Since I rarely turn down free stuff, I signed up right away for my assessment. The assessment process was pretty in depth. The trainer took my weight and blood pressure and calculated my BMI and body fat percentage. Then he had me do a few exercises and we talked about my eating habits, current exercise program and my goals. Then he entered all of this info into his computer and voila, it tells me that my "real" age is 26. This totally makes my day, since I tell people I am 24 anyways. I
t's like I am hardly lying...but I digress.


So by the end of this free health assessment I have purchased 12 sessions with him!
I mean, really, he had me at 26!

So yesterday was my first personal training session. Apparently during our previous meeting, I had given Anthony (the trainer) the impression that I enjoy various forms of torture cleverly disguised with cute names such as the Centipede and the Ice Skater. Trust me, there is nothing cute or fun about these exercises! I don't think I have every worked so hard! And I have workout a lot!
I could hardly walk out to my car because my entire lower body had been magically turned into jello. I was really just thankful that John fell asleep in his carseat I had the foresight to bring John into the gym in his infant carrier, otherwise I am sure I would have dropped him on his head on the way out!

On the bright side, I survived the workout without falling down or throwing up! And I have 48 hrs until my next torture training session to recover!
And hopefully six weeks from now, I will look like her:

I'll be holding my breath.

This post was inspired by prompt #4 from MamaKat's Writer's Workshop.

14 comments:

Kim said...

I hope you look like her, but don't start acting like her. :)

Kelli said...

You go girly! Can you feel your legs today?

The Reeds said...

Wow! You are awesome! I haven't been inside a gym since I was 6 weeks pregnant. I'm scared to know my "real age!" Although, the Wii said I was pretty young 4-5 months ago- last time I was on it- ha!

Emily said...

Ok, If you end up looking like Jillian w/in the next 6 weeks, I'm moving down to Tampa just to work out w/ Anthony!

Sabrina @ Twiggles and Trunks said...

way to go! i'll be starting my gym torture in Oct. i'll be looking to you for inspiration.

Krystyn said...

You know that tomorrow will be even worse, right? I hate the second day after.

But, if you end up looking like that? Totally worth it!

shortmama said...

Ouch, sounds painful!! I need someone to torture me like that too!

Foursons said...

Wow- 26! I think my age would come out at 72. Sad, I know.

I love your blog title. So stinkin' creative. I had the hardest time picking one out and I kick myself everytime I see someone with an awesome title.

martha Bonn said...

How old do you think I would be.....I am addicted to working out....plan everything around my times with Kerstin(could be that i pay her quite a lot of money! You will look great really soon...helps with youth. i am proud of you for going to the gym. Work hard
Love martha

blueviolet said...

I'm doing that Jillian 30 day shred and I'm hoping to look like her too!

Unknown Mami said...

Keep up the good work. You might not look like Jillian in 6 weeks, but I'm sure you would rather look like a fit you anyway.

Gwendolyn Crumpton said...

Archer and I had the same experience back in November. We decided to workout with a trainer TOgether. I thought I was in good shape before, but obviously not. We still work out with him and he kicks my butt everytime. It is great for accountability. I know that if I don't go to the gym regularly his workouts will hurt even more.

Gwendolyn Crumpton said...

Archer and I had the same experience back in November. We decided to workout with a trainer TOgether. I thought I was in good shape before, but obviously not. We still work out with him and he kicks my butt everytime. It is great for accountability. I know that if I don't go to the gym regularly his workouts will hurt even more.

Bethany said...

Yikes, but good for you! I actually started the Shred in the summer but then I went on vacation and uhh, fell off the wagon. Hehe. And haven't gotten back on, either!