Monday, September 14, 2009

Dear Blogosphere,

My daughter started school last week and contrary to what I thought, having her in school 5 mornings a week does free up my time at all. In fact, I am busier than ever!
Take today for example:
I woke up, nursed the baby, got the other two breakfast, helped everyone get dressed, and took Libby to school.
Then I went to the post office, Walmart and the gym. Came home, nursed the baby again, got a snack for the middle one, took the world's fastest shower, rotated laundry, then got back in the car to go pick up Libby.
Then we went to the park for a picnic with some of her new school friends, which was actually the last thing I wanted to do , but it turns out it's not all about me. While at the park EJ totally busted on the sidewalk and now has a lovely goose egg on her forehead. Thankfully she has bangs!
After 45 minutes in the blazing heat, we headed home. I nursed the baby yet again, rotated more laundry, unloaded the dishwasher, ate something standing up, made a grocery list (not that I have time to go to the grocery store), got the girls dressed for ballet, gave them a snack while I nursed the baby one more time and then headed off to dance class.
After 45 minutes of Emma Jane hanging on my legs and wondering why the heck I am paying $45 a month for this, we got back in the car, picked up John and the babysitter, took the babysitter home, then came home where I threw something at the kids for dinner and nursed the baby a-gain!
Thankfully, Brad came home about this time so I finally have a minute to breathe! But notice what didn't get done today. I did not:
  • sit down (except while driving or nursing)
  • eat a real meal
  • make any phone calls
  • check or respond to any emails
  • READ ANY BLOGS!!!

I am going to be spending this week trying to revamp my schedule to include some quality computer time! And TV time...Smallville is starting soon and Metropolis will require an hour of undivided attention every week. If you are missing a few comments from me in the mean time, I apologize. I'll be back soon!

11 comments:

Granna said...

Read Esther. You are doing great. God has called you just for such a time as this.

Summer said...

Goodness gracious girl! I guess I'll enjoy "singledom" while it lasts...haha.

Cyndi said...

whew, girl sit down and take a load off! I'm exhausted just reading your post! ;)

Angie S said...

I totally understand how you feel; I have been so overwhelmed lately too! When my husband got home today he had to calm me down and get me a breather! I feel ya sister...don't feel like the lone ranger!! Sit down and take a load off...us other bloggers, we'll be here ;)

Emily said...

I agree w/ Granna...Ester is great...but seriously you don't have time to read about her! ;) I hear you. I'm always behind. And don't forget about Gossip Girl coming back tonight!

Kelli said...

Well you will truly be missed but I understand...I am a routine girl. Take your time!

Sierra Rix said...

Whomever tells you school is easier - LIES! It just creates a pocket of time in which you feel obligated to get done stuff which is easier to do minus one child. Just give in and schedule time to relax. Otherwise you may never read or relax until the baby graduates.AHHHH!

Krystyn said...

What? You are busy with three kids? Take a deep breath. It will all get done when it gets done!

Jackie at 3littleones said...

haha - i love this post!!! my oldest hasnt started school yet, but I feel like you the past few weeks - I've been doing so much stuff I havent had any "real" time at the computer for my blogs :( 5 minutes while standing in the kitchen here & there doesn't count. Don't worry - you'll settle into a routine :)

Jackie at 3littleones said...

haha - i love this post!!! my oldest hasnt started school yet, but I feel like you the past few weeks - I've been doing so much stuff I havent had any "real" time at the computer for my blogs :( 5 minutes while standing in the kitchen here & there doesn't count. Don't worry - you'll settle into a routine :)

imbeingheldhostage said...

Boy was I glad to read this. I actually came over to apologize on how I can't seem to come out and play anymore and you summed it up in one nice post :-)
BUt I DON'T have a nursing baby, and I do remember how much time that sucks from your day (and yes, I intended the pun).


I think you're amazing-- child hanging off your leg and all :-)