Saturday, August 29, 2009

Spreading the love around (finally!)

Do you know who I am?
I'm that celebrity that chatters on and on until the yourtimeisupsopleaseshutup music comes on and someone has to physically remove her from stage, only to get off the stage and realize she thanked the gopher who brings her latte to her trailer but not her husband!
You, my faithful readers, are that husband. I have received hundreds and hundreds of awards, well maybe it was just six, but still, lots of awards without passing them on or giving thanks where it is due. So bear with me, this awards show is going to be lengthy...
First up, I have been awarded this one twice by Emily @ Powell Power and Kelli @ Outside My Kitchen Window.

So now I have to tell you 10 honest things about myself. What don't you know already? Alright, I am digging deep now:

1. I not-so-secretly want another baby!
2. I would give up my immortal soul to join the Cullen family.
3. I used to smoke. Gross, I know!
4. Once I thought I saw a real-live, wand toting, Hogwarts attending wizard walking around my quiet little neighborhood in Buckhead...and I said as much out loud. Turns out it was one of my neighbors wearing a long black trenchcoat while walking his dog early one morning. honest mistake...
5. Have I mentioned that when I get into a good book the line between fiction and reality tends to become blurred?
6. When I was about 14 or 15, I unsuspectingly walked into the garage/my dad's reloading station to find the deer he had killed that morning hanging from the ceiling, half-butchered. I spent the next several years being a semi-vegetarian.
7. I got over my fear of meat after only one semester of eating dinner in my sorority house. It was some form of "chicken" every.single.freaking.night! I went home for Thanksgiving and made my dad give me his steak which I then inhaled!
8. I was an Alpha Chi Omega.
9. I worked for fewer years than it took me to earn my degree.
10. I have freakishly large big toes. Seriously, in college my friends used to call it the Go-Go Gadget Toe.

There you go...10 things you never wanted to know about me! Now I am passing this on to








Vanessa @ Blessed Madness

Jackie @ 3 Little Ones



Next up is the Because I am the Queen award which was bestowed on me by Viv @ The V Spot. Viv gives me my daily dose of laughter! If you haven't drop by her blog before, you are missing out! It is a must read!Anyone that knows me in real life can tell you that this award is so right up my alley. I have always felt that I should have been born into a royal family. Anywho...

I am passing this along to a few other of my must read blogs:



Emily @ Powell Power


Mama Kat @ Mama's Losin It

This next one, I have been awarded 3 times by Kelli @ Outside My Kitchen Window, Jackie @ 3 little ones, and Angie @ Just Shy of a Y.

I am passing this lovely award on to a few of my favorites:






These next two also came from Angie @ Just Shy of a Y.


And the Adorable Blog Award goes to...Holly @ Tropic of Mom and Summer @ Sublime Happiness!

And to a few bloggers who inspire me...




And this last award was bestowed upon my alter-ego, Three Green Peas, by Jackie @ 3 little ones.
Here are the rules for the "Friends" award:

This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. deliver this award to six bloggers who must choose six more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award. I will pass this award to some of my bloggy friends that I find exceedingly charming…
and even though I already have 6, I am giving this one back to Jackie @ 3 little ones because she deserves it!

14 comments:

Vanessa said...

Thanks! Now I get to come up with own list of ten. Hmmm...should be interesting. LOL

John Deere Mom said...

Boy that's a lot of awards and linky love! I am so glad to be a part of it. Thank you!

Bren said...

Boy you are a super star blogger! Thanks for the Friends award! I walked into my grampa's garage to a deer hanging there and it FREAKED me out! I think about it literally every time I see a deer (which is pretty often up here in WI).

Congrats and Thanks!

Jackie at 3littleones said...

Thanks for the awards Lauren! Now I have to come up w/ 10 things about me - hmm - that could become interesting :) And I can totally relate to #1 of yours - I sometimes think I may be crazy!

JennyMac said...

Love to be at your Awards party Lauren. Thanks for the award! And many congrats for all your blog love, you deserve all those great awards.

Robyn Booth said...

My first award! I am so honored!

Jen said...

Congrats on all your awards. You are just so awesome.
And thank you for passing one onto me!

Sabrina @ Twiggles and Trunks said...

oh my! this is my first award, so, uh, thank you & uh, what do i do now? is my newbie-ness showing? i'm still ultra fresh at this whole blogging idea.

Vivienne said...

It's an awards sweep! Wow you have one (or two) of each! :)
Congrats!

(Just read your pork/fig recipe... I need to give it a try. I'm Don Quixote and pork is my windmill.
Wish me luck.)
:)

Honey Mommy said...

Your list was hilarious. So do we get to see a picture of your go-go gadget toes?!

Congrats on your awards!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Woo-wee girl!! You are one popular chicky!! You definitely deserve every single award listed. Your blog is fun to read, and I always leave with a smile on face! Thanks for passing along the "inspiring award"...I'm flattered.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Oh, and I loved the 10 honest things! ;)

Summer said...

Thanks for the "adorable" award.. :) I'm afraid my blog hasn't been so adorable as of late... :( Oh well...I guess I'll just have to get it together...haha

Hope you had a great weekend...

-Summer

imbeingheldhostage said...

It's unfortunate you didn't have any awards for the worst blogger ever to thank someone for an award-award because I could take that one. Will you forgive me if I offer up the lame excuse that my email box was so full after our holiday that I just keep walking away because it overwhelmed me?
Anyway, THANK YOU for thinking of me-- I am very honoured and I LOVE your number five (the blurry line between fact and fiction). LOVE it.
Thank you!