Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gotta love those Florida Gators!

PUH-LEASE!
Not those Gators! I went Bama for crying out loud!
Sheesh!
I mean these gators!

This is where I live, people! Count your blessings if alligators is NOT on your list of roadside hazards!


I also used to live in a house with a pond about 100 feet off the back door. A gator lived there too! He sometimes sunned himself on the bank of the pond closest to my house. I asked my neighbor why nobody had called animal control to have it removed. My neighbor gently informed me that gators are so common in Florida (as in if there is a large puddle, a gator lives in it) that AC won't capture them unless they get over 12 feet long.
Or until someone's dog gets eaten.
Yikes!
That was enough to almost convince me to move back to Atlanta...with or without Hubs!
He compromised by moving me to another house. (You know, two years later.)

Now we just have pool. With no gators in it!
Yup, my state has more to offer than just sunshine!




Just be careful about filling your bucket in Florida...in case a gator moves in!

18 comments:

Kelli said...

Eek! I would have had to move too. The only thing we really have to worry about in Ohio is deer.

Kim said...

Where in the world did you take this picture?

Emily said...

I say FL Gators and alligators both suck! ;)

Jackie at 3littleones said...

I'm not a fan of alligators myself!! Luckily though, where we live in FL I rarely see them (thank god!). But when I was younger and lived on the west coast of FL, they were EVERYWHERE!!!! I am so scared of them!

Sorgius Studios said...

GO GATORS! Get ready for another National Championship :)

Angie S said...

Holy Moly...I'd be WAY freaked out if I lived there. Wow!

Krystyn said...

I'm not an alligator lover, either.

We used to see them on occasion when we were water skiing. Not fun at all!

Summer said...

Ummm...are you kidding me?!! No Thank YOU! eeeeeek....

I'll take our little Texas treasures.....you know...possums, armadillos, skunks, racoons, etc....they're nasty little creatures, but they sure can't bite your entire head off!!!!

Julie said...

Hilarious! I am in FL too, near the Space Coast. We've even seen gators in the ocean near where the inlets are. Crazy, you just always have to be on the lookout...lol

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

hilarious , ok wear in fla are you i'm parkland close to miami and i have sceen some never ever like that , gosh did they do a drop off and forget to guide them in my gosh, AND WE JUST TOOK A TRIP TO GATOR LAND IN GAINSFILLE , to show my daughter the college cause she wanted to see as we were coming back from ga and not one gator other then the mascot at usf.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

That picture is going to give me nightmares!!! I now have 2 reasons why I cannot ever live in Florida. #1 my hair becomes crazy out of control frizzy there and #2 gators are not my friends, therefore I do not desire to cohabitate with them.

YIKES!!!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

shortmama said...

My grandma lives in FL and has a pond behind her house too. Every time I am there all I can think about is a gator coming up out of that dang thing.

Holly at Tropic of Mom said...

Gators are so Florida, aren't they? I mean I know they're in other states but to me they just seem Florida-y. I live on a canal and have yet to see a gator there, but you never know....

Megan R. said...

Holy hell! We have to look out for cows, but no gators!

Talina said...

Yikes! I thought our mosquitoes, ticks and chiggers were bad. They got nothin' on your gaters though!

Tiffany said...

I'm from Florida originally... you know sometimes gators like swimming pools :D

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Ack! How creepy! That's so amazing that there are so many just lining the road. I think the worst thing we have to deal with here is a mole or two...or maybe a raccoon. ;) If there was anything bigger, I'd be outta here!

♥Amber Filkins♥ said...

Oh.my.gosh. I would freak!! Yuck!

We have coyotes, opposums, and racoons at my house. Still yuck. But at least I don't feel like they might attack *me*.......or my children!

I'd move too if I were you!