Monday, August 31, 2009

Friend Makin Monday - 20 Questions


Amber at {aefilkins} is taking over Friend Makin Monday and she is asking 20 questions today!


1. Do you cook every night?

I cook at least 5 nights a week, maybe six. I don't cook on Sundays, mostly because my mother never cooked on Sundays. God rested, so mommy does too!


2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why?

Before I started using cloth diapers, I used Gain liquid but since that is like the worst possible stuff for diaper I switched to Charlie's Soap. I was pretty happy with Charlie's for awhile until I discovered Rockin Green Soap! Okay, I am hooked! My laundry comes out smelling sooooo clean with this stuff!



3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time?
Laundry is the tidal wave that keeps dragging me under! I do some everyday, it just never gets finished! I am considering instating "nekkid days" at my house in hopes that perhaps the laundry might get finished!



4. How often do you eat out per week?
Always Sunday after church, sometimes on Saturday night, maybe lunch out once during the week.



5. Where do you usually eat out?

Our usually Sunday afternoon haunts include Jason's Deli, Moe's or First Watch for brunch. Libby's favorite restaurant is Olive Garden so she always votes for that and if it is just Mommy and Daddy we love Bonefish Grill or The Melting Pot!



6. What is your favorite retail store?

♥Ann Taylor Loft♥



7. What's your favorite thing to drink?

WATER!!! (Unless I am with Em, and then it is a cosmo!)

8. Do you take vitamins? What kind?

No, but I know that I should. Sometimes I take a Flintstone's with the kids!

9. What percentage of the household chores to you do?

Well, every other Thursday, Curtis does 100% of the cleaning, but during the in between time I do 95% of it.



10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc}

They don't have regular chores, but they do help. Libby puts away her own clothes after I fold them and puts silverware on the table for dinner. They both love to help empty the dishwasher and if I am dusting or cleaning mirrors, they get a rag as well and "help."



11. Do you go to church?

Yes, faithfully. We are very involved with our Sunday School class and I teach in the nursery every other week. We just started going on Wednesday nights too because Libby is old enough for choir this year!

12. Do you have a housework schedule?

Yes, but I fail every single week at sticking to it! But if I did follow my chart, this is what it looks like:

Daily chores: dishes, make beds, sort mail, wipe counters in kitchen and bathrooms, pick up toys (with Libby and EJ's help)


Mondays: sweep and mop kitchen


Tuesdays: laundry, take out trash


Wednesdays: dust


Thursdays: vaccuum, clean toilets and tubs


Fridays: laundry, change sheets, take out trash and recycling


Saturdays: plan menus


Sunday: REST


13. Do you keep a working budget?


YES!!! I keep up with our monthly expenses and bills and Brad takes care of long term planning and saving


14. What do you do at night as a family?


We eat dinner together and have family devotions. Sometimes we go out for ice cream!


15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week?

I go day by day. More than that is overwhelming to me!

16. What do your mornings look like?

Wake up around 7am and have coffee. check email, facebook and blogger. Make breakfast for the kids and nurse the baby. Then I help the girls get dressed. Starting next week, Libby will have to be at school at 8:30. Then I go to the gym, come and shower. Run errands if needed. Pretty typical.

17. What time do you get up in the mornings?

Usually 7am but if it has been a rough night Brad will make breakfast and let me sleep in a little!

18. What time do you go to bed at night?

I try to be in bed no later than 11.

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, school work, magazines, ads, etc}

I have a basket on the counter for Libby's school stuff and a basket for magazines or other mail that I want to look at. Bills go by the computer and anything else goes straight into the recycling bin or the shredder. I hate catalogs!!

20. How do you keep your household organized? {calendars, charts, etc}

Organized? What's that? I have a calendar that I try to keep updated but I am really bad at it!


Visit {aefilkins} for more Friend Makin Monday fun!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Interesting thought about cooking on Sundays. That's usually when I cook something big, but I like your idea too. Great list...nekkid...how funny.

Allyson said...

Great answers! Love your blog name :)

Stopping over from FMM. Happy Monday!

Amanda Jo said...

Hi! I'm just over from FMM! I loved reading all of your answers! It sounds like I could learn a lot from your blog!!

Amanda said...

I like your idea about not cooking on Sundays;) Cute blog!

shortmama said...

I need that housework schedule!

~Kate~ said...

I love your blog name. So cool. I've loved this FMM prompt so that I can get to know new bloggy friends.

Krystyn said...

Apparently, you and Natalie have the same taste in clothes!