Monday, August 3, 2009

The Bucket Filler

My sweet bloggy friend, Amanda from Family of Shorts asked me to take over as the blogosphere's Bucket Filler for the month of August. The basic idea is that for the rest of the month, I will be posting encouragement, humor and uplifting topics in an effort to fill my readers "emotional buckets" with positive thoughts.


Think of me as your bloggy life coach: I am here to make you a better person...


Yeah, I am totally kidding!


But in all seriousness, for my first Bucket Filler post, this little poem from my Brownie days keeps coming to mind:


"Make new friends, but keep the old.

One is silver, and the other gold!"


To me, that is what blogging is all about. It started as a way for me to keep in touch with family and old friends, but has become a way to meet new people and make new friends. Yall are an encouragement to me everyday! I love reading your comments and I love commenting on your blogs!


So to all of my friends out there in the cyber world: You are golden!


4 comments:

Kelli said...

Well thanks, you're golden too and I've enjoyed getting to "know" you better. Happy Monday.

Pam said...

That's a very good way of looking at blogging! I've really enjoyed getting to know new people since I started. I've met people from places I never thought possible and made FRIENDS which I certainly never expected.

Thanks for "filling my bucket" everyday, Lauren!

Bren said...

Oh my gosh! Every once in awhile that poem pops into my head from Junior Girl Scouts!

Thanks for that! Happy Monday!

shortmama said...

Aww that was perfect! I was singing that as I read it! Look forward to your bucket fillers!