Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Arachnophobia

I think I just had a mild heart attack.


My heart is certainly pounding out of my chest right now. It was definitely a near death experience.



I just walked onto the front porch and into one of those gigantic spider webs that stretches clear across the house.


I then greatly amused my bff by shrieking and jumping around like an idiot just in case the spider might have gotten on me.


I made so much noise that my babysitter/mother opened the door to remind that there were sleeping babies in the house.


Why all the drama over a cobweb? Well, because I am a wuss.

A wimp.

A pansy.

A big ole GIRL in the very worst sense of the word!

I don't just dislike spiders. I am terrified of spiders! Paralyzingly terrified. I have actually made Brad come home from work to kill a spider for me. Granted, this was the mother of all the spiders, a true achromantula! It would have eaten our dog if we had one! It was seriously that big! And it was in Emma Jane's room, staring down at her crib...just waiting for me to put that tasty little meal my baby down for a nap!


(I know that is a terribly grainy photo, but I was standing out in the hall when I took this picture. Because no way was I actually going to be in the same room as that monster!)


I have literally been stranded in a room because of a spider in the hallway that I refused to step over...because you know those things can jump right?


I am incapable of killing a spider for fear that it will launch a counterattack and kill me instead. I have trapped spiders under cups and waited for someone else to come do the deed. Once, in college, I trapped a spider and then had to go to class so I left a note on the floor next to the cup letting my roommate know that a killer spider was underneath and to please dispose of it before I came home! Seriously!



Okay, my heart is still pounding, I have to stop talking about spiders...


I am so going to have nightmares tonight!


-----------------------------------------------

This post was inspired by the writing prompts of MamaKat's Writer's Workshop...and a really big cobweb.

10 comments:

Emily said...

I hope you never run into Aragog's twin!

Pam said...

Yep, you're definitely afraid of spiders! I don't like them either but I can certainly kill them. As for the cobweb, that totally freaks me out, too!

Angie S said...

Eeeiiiwwww...I don't like spiders either, and that one in the picture is HUGE!! I'm a pansy right along with you.

Summer said...

Is there anyone who isn't afraid of spiders??? I mean, seriously.....if they say they aren't afraid...I think they're fibbing.....

And, umm...that Gigantor spider in the picture....was it REALLY THAT BIG?!! It looks like something out of a movie!!!!! I think I might have fainted.....

Bren said...

That spider is GINORMOUS!!!! Oh my goodness! I would have locked the door and put a towel along the bottom to make sure he didn't come after me! I was once stuck in a bathroom because a spider was right over the door! After being gone for say half an hour, my husband came looking for me and saved me!

shortmama said...

LOL my best friend is the same way. Im not crazy about spiders but I just kill them and move on. She on the other hand will do the same things as you!

Krystyn said...

I'm not a fan of spiders, but that one is huge and might actually make me not squish it. What if it was one of those ones that you squish and then a million babies come out?

Robyn Booth said...

I am right there with ya! I HATE spiders! The worst is when you step on one and they have babies on their back and they all come out at you! NOT FUN!

Kelli said...

Oh Lauren I'm right there with you. I hate walking into those webs. You don't see them and then BAM, it hits you. Yuck. I have called Rondell home to kill a spider for me too. I've gone to the neighbor to kill one too. I'm a little better now but the big ones with fur are not for me. Shiver!

The Cucchis said...

Ok you would have DIED in Costa Rica! Pastor Jaime caught a TARANTULA with a sponge, put it in a jar, and Rommel brought it back on the van with us! IT GETS WORSE! Rommel, told Tom it was a boy so not as harmful as a female sooooo Tom let it crawl on him! He than kept it in his room and feed it a cricket, before letting it lose!