Sunday, August 30, 2009

4 months and 34 years

My sweet baby boy is growing up so fast!

At 4 months he:


weighs 15 lbs.


is 27 inches


exclusively breastfeeds


rolls from back to front


screams when he can't roll himself back(dude, you can turn your head to the side, ya know!)

shoves everything within reach into his mouth


sleeps best when tightly swaddled


drools.non.stop


bats at toys on the playmat

loves to be worn in the sling

loves his paci

hates the carseat


still wishes he could sit up


is over the swing (finished, finito, be there done that and got the tshirt)

and movin on to this:

He is such a big boy!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And speaking of big boys...

Someone in our house is celebrating a birthday today!


I will give you a hint...


In just 3 and a half decades, he has been...


the sweetest baby,



a little man in his leisure suit,


a punk teenager with a mullet,



a wannabe small-time mobster (ha, ha),

the man of my dreams and



the father of my children!


Happy 34th Birthday, Brad!!


10 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, John is so freakin' precious!
And I cannot believe Brad used to have a mullet...Ok, maybe I can, I mean, he does blow dry his hair! ;P

Samantha @ Mama Notes said...

your 4 month old sounds like mine when he was 4 months! He was about 16 pounds I think and HATED the car seat and was so totally over the swing! On to bigger and better things he said! :)

heidi said...

Happy Birthday to Brad!!!

I think I like the mobster look. Fuhgeddaboutit.

Cyndi said...

Love your posts and LOVE the old pictures of Brad! Happy Birthday Brad! Love the mullet, Gary has his mullet picture on our fridge, he he he!

Julie said...

awwe! that's sweet. i love seeing pics of daddies and their babies and the daddies when they were babies.

Ashley said...

I'm cracking up! I don't know which is better - the mullet or the mobster look :) Hopefully he never decides to bring either look back.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

Happy 4 months to such a sweet little boy. He is such a cutie!!

And happy birthday to Brad...I hope you had a great day celebrating with family!

Krystyn said...

Okay, those pictures of Brad are quite funny. Happy birthday to him.

And I can't believe that John is 4 months already! Such a cutie.

Kelli said...

Such wonderful boys! Look at those dimples on your husband (I'm not checking him out, I just love dimples).