Thursday, July 9, 2009

You are the Chosen One, Harry!

In case you have been living under a rock (or if you still haven't come up for air since Twilight was released), I wanted to let you know that in less than a week, just 6 short days, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is opening in theaters!!
I am so totally stoked!

Say, what?

You thought I only crushed on fictional vampires.

No, no. I was blurring the lines between reality and Hogwarts long before I knew Forks, WA was an actual town. Don't get me wrong, if there is a fictional character that I would be tempted to leave my husband for, it is definitely Edward. But when it comes to fictional schools that I wish I had gotten into, I am still waiting on my owl from Hogwarts.

What was my point again?

Oh, yeah! The next Harry Potter movie. So I am very excited about seeing the movie. From a book standpoint, the movie is not going to be good. They have pretty much all been terrible since the Prisoner of Azkaban. I am guessing that screenplay was written without even glancing at the book first. And I was ticked for weeks after the Goblet of Fire was released. I mean, would it have killed them to throw a blast-ended skrewt in there somewhere!

But based on the previous movies, the previews for this one look pretty good. And since
Em is coming to visit me so we can see it together, it is going to be fun regardless! (And Brad is really pumped that Emily is coming because it means he doesn't have to pretend to be interested in another Harry Potter movie!)
So, until July 15, I leave you with this:


9 comments:

Ehrenfelds said...

I am sooooo STOKED for this one. We will be in seeing this on Thursday. However what better way to say Happy Birthday to Josiah than with a new Harry Potter!

Krystyn said...

I soooo couldn't get into this Harry Potter stuff...glad you and Em have each other for that.

Megan R. said...

We totally already have our tickets for Wednesday night at 7:30pm. C is going to my parents and we are off to see HP & HBP! Tom loves it just as much as me, so that is great. We always go on opening night!

Have you seen the new clip that was released??? Of Harry chasing Bellatrix into a field, into a ring of fire, and Ginny and Mr and Mrs. Weasley follow? I sure don't know WHAT part of the book that is!!

Bren said...

I think I need to go back and reread this one because it was quite awhile ago and to me it's all one long story!

Emily said...

Ahhhhhh, totally can't wait! You know, I also don't like the new Dumbledore. The real Dumbledore would never raise his voice the way they portrayed it in TGOF. I will never get over that....

Amber said...

Ha! You are so adorable!! My husband would LOVE you! :)

I love the Harry Potter movies, I've never read any of the books though. My hubs could have endless conversations with you on the differences between the books and the movies. He's always trying to tell me about it. I'm looking forward to watching Harry especially this time now that he's legal. ;)

Momisodes said...

I've never actually read any of the Harry Potter books, but the movies are pretty awesome!

Hope you have a great time!

steph said...

When I got home from Jackson today Scott told me that we are seeing HP next Tuesday and his brother and girlfriend are watching the boys, what a good hubbie I have! I do wish I would be with you guys though =)

Erin said...

So you like Twilight and Harry Potter?!?!?! I think we could be friends! I can not wait for Harry Potter and it is going to kill me waiting for New Moon :)

I actually just started reading the Harry Potter Series and Love it. I am on the second book now...