Thursday, July 16, 2009

PSF - Let Me Show You How

Brad's brother, Carey, came to visit us for a few days and brought along his family. Since they live in Maryland, we are not able to get together much, so this trip was a real treat! Libby was especially excited to "meet" her cousins, Nathan and Kaylee. Nathan and Libby became fast friends! They talked about a mile a minute to each other nonstop the whole weekend.
One of their funniest dialogs occurred within an hour of Nathan's arrival at our house. As I was chatting with my SIL, Jennifer, in the kitchen I overheard snippets of Libby using her "I am in charge" voice so I tuned in to make sure she was not being bossy.
What I heard was my 4 year old daughter instructing her 3 year old cousin on how to do a cartwheel. And he was following instructions to the letter! As Jennifer and I were cracking up, Brad walked in and asked what was going on. When I told him he said, "Can Libby do a cartwheel?"
The answer is no. But that did not stop either child from trying!





PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



21 comments:

Maggie May said...

If at first you don't succeed..... try, try and try again! The old proverb is right! They will surely get the knack if they are practicing hard. LOL!

shortmama said...

That is so cute! My 7yo still cant do one either but she tries with all her heart!

Emily said...

Ok, that looks hilarious! I wish I could have seen a video...maybe Libby will show me how to do a cartwheel this weekend!

Cecily R said...

I'm with Emily...I want a few lessons!

Corey~living and loving said...

loved this story. made me giggle. :)
happy PSF!

Jen said...

that is so cute! I love their 'cartwheels'

Bren said...

So funny! At least she had the patience to try to teach him! They'll master it soon I'm sure!

Chris said...

Kids never think of themselves as failures -- they just keep trying. That's really a blessing.

Ryanne said...

That is WAY to cute funny!I can just hear the dialog, way to cute!

Sharon said...

So cute! With that determination it won't be long before they are cart wheeling all over...perfectly!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Hilarious!
You've got to hand it to the determined though.

Jeanette said...

So cute! Cousin time is the best.

Kelli said...

That is so adorable!

imbeingheldhostage said...

So cute! Great story for PSF! How could you not smile watching their enthusiasm?
:-)

Krystyn said...

Looks like quite the success to me.

Michelle said...

LOL! I love how you "tuned in", that made me laugh because that is something all moms can relate to.

Happy PSF!

heidi said...

It's been said that those who can't, teach. HA!

Holly at Tropic of Mom said...

Ah, brings back memories!

What cute kids!

Shellie said...

How fun! Love the joy and energy they have.

Lisa (Jonny's Mommy) said...

That is seriously adorable. Glad they didn't break anything! Including themselves! :-)

Momisodes said...

That is too funny! It's amazing the things they come up with :)