Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My husband just now realized that he is a Twilight widower!

Yesterday was my birthday, so I posted this.
Included in my birthday post was a picture of this:
So my husband, who never reads my blog, calls me yesterday afternoon and without so much as a hello, says, "So who is the putz on your blog that got a "head shake" from you?


Me: What?
B: There is a picture of some guy on your blog and you like lost your train of thought
Me: Oh, that's Edward.
B: Who is Edward?!
Me: Um, he's the main character in Twilight. You know my favorite book...remember, it completely consumed my life and I neglected our children and I couldn't even talk to you while I was reading it. (well, not really, but you know...)
B: Well, why is he so great...he looks pretty scrawny to me.
Me: (laughing) Hun, it isn't him, per se, it is the character he plays. Every woman on the planet that has actually read Twilight has a crush on Edward! It's the character that Stephenie Meyers wrote not the actor who plays him! (not entirely anyway...)
B: Uh-huh. Well, I guess women are just different... (ya think!)
Me: Do you want me to put a picture of you on my blog and give you a "head shake?"
B: Yeah!


So here he is...the man that really lights my fire:

*head shake*
He gets me every time!

And that my friends, is a true story.

22 comments:

Rachel said...

Totally cracking up... my husband is so funny about commenting on things on the blog too!

Love the conversation - and the picture of your guy with your cute girls!

Have a great day - thanks for linking up! :)

Brandi said...

HAHAHA! Funny.. . my husband doesn't get the whole Twilight thing either.

Emily said...

Brad totally cracks me up!

Granna said...

He is a Prince!

Pam said...

That's a great one! And you're delivery is priceless.

Jessie Kaitlin said...

That's funny! I meant to comment on that yesterday.

Rob by himself isn't really all that hot. But when he is Edward. Oh gosh. I could just eat him up :P

Morgan said...

Hahaha...I can't stop laughing at this. Brad is too funny. Men just don't get it, and I guess they never will.

K said...

Loved the conversation between you and your man !!!WHat a sweet relationship you two have
I have not read twilite so I would concur with your husband that the dude indeed looks scrawny - LOL

Anonymous said...

Brad is a great guy... I am glad he makes your head turn. He is perfect for you in every way! Ed and I Love him!

shortmama said...

Whatever it takes to make him happy lol!

Just Add Walter said...

haha.. great post

and Edward.. *swoon* hehe.. my husband doesn't get it either!

Heidi @ Blue Eyed Blessings said...

This is a fabulous post! Totally cracking me up and making me smile. So funny!

Vanessa said...

So funny!! So I guess I'll really have to read the Twilight series to find out more about this Edward that has everyone so crazy. LOL

Angie S said...

Love me some Twilight...now if I could just find time to finish reading them ALL! Hysterical post...you had me laughing out loud!

Krystyn said...

Love it...you are cracking me up. Funny what posts make our hubbys come out and confess they are reading!

Foursons said...

I turned my computer to my husband the other night who was sitting next to me on the couch. And I said, "Check out this picture." He says, "Yeah, I saw it." SO HE DOES READ MY BLOG! I KNEW IT!

Sabrina @ Twiggles and Trunks said...

so funny. ugh, men.

Holly at Tropic of Mom said...

Hey, happy birthday. Here's to many more head-shaking years!

Flores Hayes said...

oh... i love your post! your husband is cute! haha
hkpanda.freetzi.com
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)

Jane Anne said...

Oh, I loved this! I have so many friends that enjoy Twilight. Your conversation with your husband just made me smile. Glad you gave him a head shake!!

Jackie at 3littleones said...

That is hysterical!!!! I love the story. I still have not read Twilight (I know - so far behind the times!!). I keep telling myself I am going to read it - so hopefully soon : )

Mr. Daddy said...

Your hubby sounds like a total guy's guy.....(in a good way)
and I am totally with him.... the guy looks kinda scrawny???
and no I am not looking for a *head shake* LOL
I would be totally outa luck with the pic's that Rach posts of me with my bottle addiction and all..