Thursday, June 11, 2009

Writers Workshop - Is there an anonymous group I can join?




This week, MamaKat wants to know about our current addiction. I can certainly oblige! My question is: Can I only pick one? Because I have so many: shoes, Twilight, peanut butter, Edward, shopping, the Cullens, Starbucks, "the cold ones"...


But I think it will be most therapeutic to own my biggest addiction. (You know, other than fictional vampires.)

Hello, my name is Lauren and I am addicted to cloth diapers.


Seriously.

I love cloth diapers! I love the fabrics! I love the cute patterns! I love that they are toxin-free and environmentally friendly! I have two kids in diapers so I love that they are economical...in theory.
I can't get enough! I have all styles. I have fitteds, prefolds, pocket diapers, all in ones. I use aplix and snap closures. I have a multitude of brands: fuzzibunz, bumgenius, thirsties, drybees, goodmamas, kissaluvs, blueberry, swaddlebees. The list just goes on!

But the worst part of my addiction is that even I didn't realize just how bad it is.
But then I started counting. I really don't want to tell you how bad it is. But the first step to recovery is admitting my problem so here it goes.

*gulp*



I have 103 cloth diapers!


Whew!


Thank you, MamaKat for bringing this to my attention because now I can get the help I need.

Is there an anonymous group for sickos like me?


While I look into that, you head on over to Mama's Losin It and join the free therapy session Writer's Workshop fun!

16 comments:

April said...

Holy cow, that's a lot of cloth diapers! I love them too but never used them as actual diapers. The make great burp cloths, dust clothes, window cleaners....

Life with Kaishon said...

Wow. You REALLY must love cloth diapers to do a whole post about them!

Your kids are adorable! Hope you have a great day with your sweet children and your 103 cloth diapers!

Connie Weiss said...

I cloth diapered my first baby for about 6 months and then we had to live in a hotel for a month when we moved to Utah and I stopped cold turkey. lol.

I have a great that is addicted to those really fancy expensive ones...she is nuts!

*visiting from Mama Kat's*

Jenners said...

Visiting from Mama Kats...

I must say, this is the first time I've heard of an addiction to cloth diapers. I guess I applaud you for keeping the landfills clean of the other kind ... but holy cow ... how many kids to you have again? And you do know you can reuse them right???

: )

Emily said...

You are lucky I already claimed you as my BFF...I might not after this! lol Ummm, and it might stop being economical when you have that many diapers! When I come to visit I won't even need a towel...I'll just dry off with one of your many cloth diapers! LMAO!

Kelli said...

Whoa baby, now that's an addiction. Good one though. Wow...103! I think I'm going to try and read Twilight this summer.

Summer said...

Love the Twilight references!!! :) I'll be going to TwiCon in late July and I'm pumped!!!!

I can't say that I understand the cloth diaper obsession (I don't have any kiddos just yet), but we'll see...we'll see...

Saundra@ItalianMamaGoneCrazy said...

When my kids were babies, I was an addict of cloth diapers too... even way back then, they had such cute one!!!

Great post!

Vivienne said...

I used a few cloth diapers for urp cloths, but I was a Pampers Mama all the way. i don't understand your addiction, but I do hope you find the help and support you are seeking.
:)

Momisodes said...

Wow! That is a lot of diapers. I always said that if I ever have another child, we'll give the cloth diapers a try.

"FINE"al thoughts... said...

What a cute blog you have here! Cloth diapers always intrigued me but I never did use one. You should be proud that you have conquered the first step and admitted your problem, though! :) BTW I love Twilight, too!

Megan R. said...

I just KNEW you were going to pick cd'ing!! Don't feel bad. I only have ONE in diapers, and I have over 50!!!

Bren said...

I would think that the cost factor is out the window when you have soooo many! Ha ha! At least you can admit your addiction!

Krystyn said...

I heard you only need like 10 per kid...I know a triplet momma that only has 30...you are addicted; and maybe obsessed...silly lady.

Trudy said...

Wow, that's a lot of cloth diapers! 103!! Are you sure you didn't miss any, in the laundry? LOL!

Those are some 'pampered' behinds...I bet they've never seen the same diaper twice.

Visiting from Mama Kat's!

Musings of the Mrs. said...

ONE HUNDRED AND THREE???? Maybe you should start a 12-step group. I love what you are doing for the environment, but that is a LOT of cloth diapers.