Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer Lovin'

It is definitely Monday around here! All three of my children were up during the night for one reason or another so I am not running on all cylinders today.


But I am going to try to be optimistic because, hey it's a beautiful SUMMER day outside and Kasey, the awesome host of wants to know what makes summer so great. So here are my top 10 favorite things about summer:



  1. Pedicures - I actually paint my toenails year round, but during the summer I get to show them off!

  2. Strappy sandals and flip flops - I love shoes anyways, but strappy shoes are my favorites!!

  3. Sundresses - I love wearing dresses during the summer. It is so stinkin hot where I live so I like as little fabric actually touching my skin as possible! (I am bummed that breastfeeding is majorly limiting my dress wearing capabilities this year!)

  4. the Lake! - Even though I live 45 minutes from the beach, I am just not a beach person. I grew up in Alabama near Lake Martin and I really miss it.

  5. the Fourth of July - fireworks, cook outs, parades...I love it all!

  6. Summer produce - watermelon, tomatoes, squash, berries, corn on the cob. Yummy! It's even better when purchased off the back of a truck on the side of the road!

  7. Grilling out - Something else we actually do all year long, but summertime and grilling go hand in hand!

  8. Vacation - enough said!

  9. My birthday - I love my birthday! I usually try to celebrate it for at least a week! This summer I will be turning 24...for the fifth time!

  10. Air Conditioning - I do not like the heat and I hate to sweat so to me, there is nothing quite so wonderful than coming inside to a cold house!

What are your favorite things about summer? Head over to All That is Good and make a few new friends today!

12 comments:

Tina said...

Great list!

Aren't summers the best.

Happy FMM!

Emily said...

I know what you mean about dresses...they are so fun! I miss all my sundresses I couldn't wear last year either!
Your anti-beachness cracks me up...and totally baffles me!

Kelli said...

I love sundresses on my little girl. They look so cute and comfortable on her. Enjoy your summer...great list.

Megan R. said...

I could have written your list myself! Especially about the air conditioning!

♥ Kenz ♥ said...

I feel the same way about my cute toes. I get pedicures every week, regardless of weather. But it's fun to see our well groomed feet is super cute shoes. :)

And I love A/C too though we still don't need to turn it on in NY. hehe

Lins said...

Isn't the lake great!? I'm hoping to log tons of lake time this Summer!

Great list! Happy FMM!

J.J. said...

We don't have to have air conditioning where we live :) It doesn't get that hot :) I love that.

Happy FMM!

Erica said...

Great list!! #9 I can definitely relate cause in Dec. i will be turning 25 for the 5th time. :)

Krystyn said...

Can you please shop for me? I've been looking for a sundress with no luck!

Vivienne said...

I am so with you on the air conditioning! Love summer, but hate to be too hot.
:)
You have a beautiful family.

Mandy said...

Our lists are similar, but I forgot about the pedicures and my own birthday! LOL

John Deere Mom said...

I love your summer things too!!