It is definitely Monday around here! All three of my children were up during the night for one reason or another so I am not running on all cylinders today.
But I am going to try to be optimistic because, hey it's a beautiful SUMMER day outside and Kasey, the awesome host of wants to know what makes summer so great. So here are my top 10 favorite things about summer:
- Pedicures - I actually paint my toenails year round, but during the summer I get to show them off!
- Strappy sandals and flip flops - I love shoes anyways, but strappy shoes are my favorites!!
- Sundresses - I love wearing dresses during the summer. It is so stinkin hot where I live so I like as little fabric actually touching my skin as possible! (I am bummed that breastfeeding is majorly limiting my dress wearing capabilities this year!)
- the Lake! - Even though I live 45 minutes from the beach, I am just not a beach person. I grew up in Alabama near Lake Martin and I really miss it.
- the Fourth of July - fireworks, cook outs, parades...I love it all!
- Summer produce - watermelon, tomatoes, squash, berries, corn on the cob. Yummy! It's even better when purchased off the back of a truck on the side of the road!
- Grilling out - Something else we actually do all year long, but summertime and grilling go hand in hand!
- Vacation - enough said!
- My birthday - I love my birthday! I usually try to celebrate it for at least a week! This summer I will be turning 24...for the fifth time!
- Air Conditioning - I do not like the heat and I hate to sweat so to me, there is nothing quite so wonderful than coming inside to a cold house!
What are your favorite things about summer? Head over to All That is Good and make a few new friends today!