Tuesday, June 23, 2009

steaks, settlers, swimming and stogies (also titled A night with the Lortons)

Last summer, our very good friends Nathan and Ashley, moved to St. Louis. While Brad and I supported the decision that was best for Nathan's career and their family, this move put a serious cramp in our social life! This was the couple that we spent almost every weekend with! They were practically part of our family! Libby was really devastated when they left because honestly, she loved Nathan and Ashley more than mommy and daddy! They were her favorite people!

A job with the same company recently opened up back here in Tampa and they flew Nathan in to interview for it! So last night, the Lortons were back in Tampa and it was just like old times. We grilled out steaks and then played our favorite game, Settlers! After Nathan swooped in with a surprise win, Ashley and I watched Jon and Kate self-destruct while Brad and Nathan took a swim and polluted my backyard with their cigars.

Brad has already convinced himself that Nathan isn't going to take the job so that he won't be too disappointed if they stay in St. Louis. (Brad was really bummed all last summer over the loss of his boyfriend BFF that guy he hangs out with.) I, on the other hand, am already searching for a new house for them and planning our next vacation together. I really might take it harder now than I did last summer if they don't move back!

So Nathan, like I said last night, "Good luck with your interview and be smart!"


Look at how much John loves Ashley! He never naps on me like that!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Click here to enter my Bye Bye Monster giveaway!

7 comments:

Bren said...

Oh I hope your friends get to move back. We still haven't found a couple in the area to totally hang with. We are the ones who actually moved away from our BFFs.

Kelli said...

I want them to move back too because there is nothing like good friends...nothing. When is the interview? John Thomas needs her.

Pam said...

Oh Lauren, I really hope it all works out and your friends will get to move back. I'll give you a ray of hope here...

Hubby and I met very shortly after he moved to my hometown. Barely 2 months later he got transferred to St. Louis. We married a couple years later and I moved there(obviously) where we stayed til our 3 year anniversary (literally) when we unloaded the moving truck right back in my hometown. Renting a house that 1st year back right next door to my Mother at that. It was great. Everything worked out for the best. We're still here 11 years and 2 kids later!

I'm crossing my fingers for the turn-out you're looking for!

Mama Kat said...

That picture is priceless....I'm wishing you all the best too!!!

Krystyn said...

I sure hope they move back...at least for the sake of JTs naps!

Ashley said...

Oh my goodness! I love the picture! I miss John and the girls already. It was just like old times, wasn't it? Thank you again for putting me up for the night and for providing such good company during our short time there.

Momisodes said...

Oh that is sweet. I REALLY hope they move back. They sound like an amazing family to share memories with.

Crossing my fingers!