Thursday, June 18, 2009

PSF - She's not the breast mommy!

I have been finding Emma Jane's baby in the swing quite a bit lately. Ever since the birth of her little brother, Emma Jane has become quite a good little mommy herself. She only occasionally played with baby dolls prior to John's birth but since then they are her favorite toys. She is constantly putting them "nite-nite" and then shushing the rest of us so that we don't disturb her sleeping babies! She gets very upset if I walk into a room where she has put a baby to bed and turn the light on! She takes after own Mommy in that she doesn't think babies need nightlights.




One area of parenting that Emma Jane and I disagree on is feeding. I have breastfed all of my children. Emma Jane herself nursed for over 16 months. But as a mommy, Emma Jane thinks breastfeeding is weird. She has never attempted to nurse her baby. She has gone so far as to point and laugh when I am nursing John. (hypocrite!)




Nope, my little girl has made up her mind. It is strictly the bottle for her babies!





Isn't she a good little mommy?




PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek





17 comments:

Cecily R said...

That is so adorable! What a smart little cookie she is!

Emily said...

At least she won't have to worry about her babies "rejecting" her! lol. Cute.

Mandy said...

I love it when Olivia plays with her babies too. It's so cute!

Bren said...

She is going to be such a good mommy = all the training she is getting now! Her feeding style is unique but whatever works right?

Chris said...

She is a wonderful little mommy.

My kids never tried breast feeding their dolls, but they did go rooting around on my chest a couple of times, when they were very new. Sorry kids -- nothing there.

Kelli said...

That is adorable. She is a girl who knows what she wants...or what she thinks she wants. We have plenty of time to find out.

Jen said...

such a good little mommy.

Crazy Mama said...

Cute! Only 1 of mine nursed their babies.

Pam Emmons said...

So cute! Just wait, someday it will be for real!

Lisa (Jonny's Mommy) said...

She is so very cute! She's going to be a great mama someday!

Krystyn said...

What a good little mommy...at least she's feeding her baby.

And, I agree with Em, she'll never feel rejected!

kaye said...

yes she is. Here’s my photo story. happy Friday!

Michelle said...

I think plastic babies prefer plastic bottles. :) Real babies.....now that is another story.

Great PSF!

shortmama said...

I love when little girls play mommies!

Sneaky Momma said...

That's so funny that she chooses to bottle feed. :) To each his own!!!

Megan R. said...

Awww, what a baby doll! She is so sweet!

Pam said...

So glad I'm finally getting to come back and comment on this post. Laughing, very hard I might add, particularly at the hypocrite comment, I must tell you that you are not alone.

I too, nursed my girls for 15 mos and 17mos respectively. And while Ellis got 17 mos of Breastful Bliss, she typically feeds her babies from a sippy cup. I guess they're just advanced like that. Now that does NOT mean that she herself wouldn't still like to nurse at any given point(at 5 yrs old) as I believe her to be completely smitten with "the girls". At least you don't have that to deal with!