Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To

Even though Libby's birthday was a few weeks ago, we only just got around to celebrating this past weekend. Mostly because Mommy failed to get it together in time to have a party on her actual birthday. But since Libby doesn't know how to read a calendar yet, she wasn't fussed about the delay!

I booked her party at Pump It Up. It's one of the indoor inflatable play places. The invitations were sent and all but two of her friends RSVPed "yes!" I ordered a really cute ballerina cake and all in all, it was shaping up to be a fabulous party!




And then...

At 4pm on Saturday (ONE hour before the party was scheduled to start) the owner of Pump It Up calls me to let me know that one of their transformers has blown and they are without power.

No power = no inflatables!


ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

*deep breaths* Brad and I called all the parents to let them know the party was on hold and then I frantically started trying to find a last minute alternative while simultaneously trying to calm my understandably hysterical 4-year-old!

After a few fruitless phone calls, Brad remembered another inflatable place house close by. We called and thankfully the party room was free at 6pm! So we called all the parents back and then hightailed it to Planet Bounce. The party was saved and by the end of the night Libby didn't even remember that it had almost been ruined!


5 comments:

Bren said...

Oh I'm so glad her party was saved! Nothing like finally getting things planned only to have them almost fall apart! Happy Birthday (late) Libby!

Ehrenfelds said...

YOU'RE SUPER MOM!!!!

I am not sure I could have done that...well definitely not in Minot!

Megan R. said...

Awww, happy birthday Libby! I'm glad you were able to find another place to have the party!!

Emily said...

That's a cute cake! And yeah for Super Brad saving the party! I don't think Alex even knows what an inflatable play place is!

Krystyn said...

Wow! Good save...could have been a disaster.